52.

Omniscient

Antiere raked his hands through Nadir's hair while they laid in their hotel room.

It would've been completely silent if Keandre stopped breathing with his tongue hanging out.

Antiere stared at Nadir's face from the side and they just laid there like that.

"Why do people decide to leave me out when it comes to decision making? People just expect for me to accept whatever happens like my feelings don't count" Nadir spoke.

Keandre was propped up against Nadir's legs with a wide smile and drool down his face.

"Put your tongue back in your mouth, pumpkin" She said.

He fell forward, and crawled up to put his face against hers.

"You hate car rides, huh? That's because nobody ever gives you any colorful toys to play with. They just expect you to sit and stay quiet" Nadir grazed her thumb across his chubby cheek. "I'll get you some pretty toys"

His breath smelled like babies.

"I look right at you, and you choose to ignore me" Antiere mumbled.

"I'm going to break you and Chance up. I can already see it"

"Chance didn't even like me at first, oh well"

"There is no 'oh well' because you guys are best friends, and you decided that you wanted to adopt Keandre together"

"I feel like Chance is using me. I love my niecey thang, Kensli, but Chance be spending his nights out with my money, while I'm feeding them, or helping Kensli out with her homework. I'm willing to help him, but damn. I don't even think that the nigga appreciates me. I got a life to live too"

"You can have a break, and I'll watch them today. I know how to care for kids, ya know"

"If anything, I'd want to spend the day with you. No offense to lil Ant though, but he taking away my spotlight" Antiere picked him up and kissed him on the face, making him gush and swat at Antiere's face.

"When is your dad bod going to come in?" Nadir patted his stomach before getting up.

"Never. I'll exercise at home if I have to, but i'm staying in shape. A fit nigga with a baby? That's a whole Nadir package right there"

-

Keandre leaned forward towards the shelf reaching out toward the piano, making Nadir laugh out loud.

Nadir picked up the toy, and put it in the cart for him.

"Ahhhhp" Keandre turned and buried his face against Nadir's neck. "Mmmmah" He imitated a kissing sound.

"Son son, you'd think she'd let me do the same?" Antiere stepped behind Nadir.

She in response turned towards the cart, and began pushing it with one hand because Keandre didn't want to be put down, or be held by anyone else.

"Could I move up there with you? Temporarily?" Antiere asked.

"I can't tell you where you can and can't move, but please keep in mind who and what you're affecting by moving away"

"I think Keandre would be better off with me anyways. I ain't got no legal rights over Kensli"

"Antiere, I don't think this is good idea"

"Give me a Ch- opportunity, baby. You allowing me to spend time with you, but you hesitant. I wont disappoint you, Nadir. I wont"

Keandre made faces at Antiere while he spoke, making him smile.

"I trust you. I don't want to go fast though"

"You know how long I been waiting? Do you know how much longer I was willing to wait?"

"Do you still do the thing that you did when we broke up?"

The drug thing.

"I-"

"Nevermind, I don't want to know" Nadir shook her head.

Antiere smirked and walked down the aisle in the opposite direction. "Aight. Hurry up, son son cause i'm tryna see my other mother no Coraline"

Nadir picked out another toy. "I didn't even tell her I was-. . .I-"

Pharoah stared Nadir right in the face.

"Sorry" He apologized.

Nadir looked back to see if Antiere was still there, and when she saw that he wasn't, she stepped closer. "You're back"

"Eee dah" Keandre mocked, shaking his head.

"I got help. I did, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything"

"Antiere wouldn't-"

"And you know you not supposed to talk to her nigga, and she doesn't fuckin' know"

"I don't know what?" Nadir turned towards Antiere.

"It isn't my place to tell you, baby"

Keandre turned around, and reached out to Antiere, and Antiere accepted him.

"I have to go home" Pharoah turned and left.

"Oh" Nadir walked a little ways away from him, and scanned the shelf.

"Your mom married his dad. Pharoah's technically your step-brother's now"

-