29.

Downfall had thirty two chapters, eh? Abrupt ending alert inspired by Tameryn 💀💀💀.  But what person would you guys want me to write a book about?

-

Omniscient

Imogen cried infront of the court.

"He said thay he would go see his friend, Chancelor, and I knew - I knew that something wasn't right but I pushed it off. I had just figured that him and Chancelor were just being teenagers. That lady raped my son. Pharoah is a good student, and he's a great big brother. Please protect my - everyone's children. Put her away. Please, put her away"

Faris sobbed and local news reporters just stood there, wanting to get closer than they actually could.

She knew she didn't stand a chance.

Pharoah's father was popular in their county, and Imogen had been very convicing.

"Thank you, Mrs. Harmon. Please take your seat"

Antiere locked eyes with Pharoah, and nodded his head slightly.

After all of their family publicity was over, he was going to get his.

It was already planned.

"Chancelor Bennett to the stand"

Kensli started to stand up too, but Antiere grabbed hold of her.

Chance got up and made his way to the front of the room.

They gave him the rundown and made him go under oath before giving his testimony.

"You're Faris's eldest child, correct?"

"Yes"

"And how many of there are you?"

"There's three of us"

"And where are your siblings as of now?"

"My sister is filed as missing persons, and my father has complete custody of my brother"

"We've looked into your sister's medical history. She had a number of psychological problems, correct?"

"They were on account of her general discontent with life. It's unrelated" Chance spoke quickly.

The last time they spoke, they argued, and she was gone.

"How do you know? Her unhappiness has to stem from somewhere, doesn't it?"

"Your honor, if I may-" Faris's lawyer tried to interrupt but got cut off.

"I am talking to Mr. Harmon's former friend, and a member of the actual household. No more outbursts"

Antiere sunk down in his seat, not wanting to hear them drag Nadir into this.

After a few moments of silence, their judge spoke. "You know what I think? I think Ms. N Bennett witnessed Mr. Harmon getting raped on numerous occasions, and potentially was victimized herself. I think she fled to get away from her mother"

The court broke out into a fit of mumbles, and the judge pounded his gavel. "Recess"

-

Nadir headed towards the single bathroom at burger king, and locked the door almost immediately behind herself.

She looked at her thinning self in the mirror before pulling her shirt over her head and peeling off the rest of her clothes.

She had to get clean somehow.

While winding out the brown roll of paper towels from the holder, she thought off to the last conversation that she had had with her father.

"I've been patient with you, but this is fucking unacceptable. You don't just drop out of school and go hang out with your boyfriend for a week and expect me to be okay with it. You didn't even reach out and give me a phone call, your brother did" Her father was no longer Mr. Nice Guy

"And I didn't receive a phone call for sixteen years. We're not quite even"

"I don't know who you think you're talking to, but-"

"Exactly. I don't know who I'm talking to. You're a complete fucking stranger to me, so stop trying to be a dad now. This was forced because my mother doesn't want me either"

"Get out. You're not staying under my roof without an education"

Nadir took her phone out of her pocket and tossed it at her father's feet.

"You don't even care about me anyways. Enjoy your Taylor"

And now she was homeless in a city she had never even heard of before she had gotten off the bus.

She had wiped her whole body down with hand soap before rinsing and drying off, and leaving.

Nadir had assumed that she had been alone for around two months now, but she couldn't have been sure because she didn't pay attention to dates.

She had made a point not to.

She moved a short distance through the crowded streets before slipping back into an alley and climbed up into a dumpster from the side of it.

There were new black garbage bags with red drawstring ties on them.

The kind that the Chick-fil-A down the street used.

Nadir had lost her footing, and as soon as her hand came in contact with the trash heap, a broken beer bottle sliced through her right hand, barely missing a vein.

Tears began to form, and Nadir pulled on a few napkins that were shoved into her waistband.

There was nothing worse than being forced to cause yourself pain to relieve it.

She took a seat beside the dumpster and pulled her shirt into her mouth and looked down at the blood dripping down between her legs, mentally preparing herself to pull.

A neighborhood drunk stumbled past her, and took a look at her situation. "You ought'a fix that before you loose all the blood flowing through your skinny bones" He laughed to himself before continuing towards the convenience store.

She eventually twisted and pulled all the little glass bits out of her arm and sealed it with a greased up part of a trashbag that she had recently torn.

She literally could not afford anything, because the little money that she had went towards tampons.

She didn't even wear tampons before, but they were easier to bring with you.

There were plenty of water fountains around, and she ate out of dumpsters, so Nadir didn't spend any money on eating or drinking.

She didn't know how long she would live like this, but she was slowly adjusting.

-