48.

I've taken Aleeve, ibuprofen, antibiotics, codeine, and percocets within the last 24 hours. I also think I have brain damage because this is my second infection in my jaw, and my brain actually hurts.

I would appreciate it if you guys commented cause I wrote for this even when I was crying, and I like reading your comments

-

Omniscient

"Son!" Chance dropped down on Antiere's bed, and Keandre jumped in surprise before turning his head.

"Ahp" He blew raspberries and climbed ontop of Chance.

"Damn, and you got my name too. You sick of me? My own son too" Antiere shoom his head.

"You better chill out on that 'my' shit. Keandre is my son"

"We clearly adopted him together. And he got my name" Antiere stated.

Kensli slid into the room. "This what we doing, now?"

"I told yo nigga dad to get out of my room. We're all housemates with boundaries" Antiere stated.

Keandre squealed and reached for Kensli.

"Oh no ya don't" She turned away from him.

"Eh" He whined while pouting.

Kensli turned and half dragged him off the bed before leaning back with his weight.

"You're selfish because you're fat. I can't not hold you"

Keandre rolled forward on her, and Kensli stumbled back, so Antiere took Keandre back.

Keandre scrunched his face up before turning and pulling his pacifier off of Antiere's shirt and shoving it into his mouth.

"Oh, you mean. You mean as hell" Antiere pulled at his hair.

"All that trouble we went through to adopt you. We pretended to be a gay couple who just wanted a purpose. Antiere ugly as fuck. You see him?" Chance said.

"I guess I don't exist, thank you" Kensli scowled. "What about the trouble you went through for me?"

"You right. Your mother wasn't an easy hit"

"Daddy, you said that if a boy hits me, call the police. Didn't daddy say that, dad?"

Antiere laughed. "He sure did"

"Ain't nobody touchin' you Kens. No ma'am, somebody gone get put in a lifetime time out"

"You could say prison" Kensli shrugged. "It hurts to sit that long"

"What you know about prison?" Chance asked her.

"Dad said Earny should go to prison"

"Don't pay Antiere any mind. He don't know what he be saying"

Antiere looked down at Keandre who had just pulled out his pacifier just to lean over and watch the drool drip.

"Um. . .son son?"

He let out a happy laugh that made his whole upper body shake before cooing a response and pressing his hand into the puddle.

"Dad, I think you should get a tattoo of me to ensure I'm your favorite" Kensli decided.

"Oh really?" Antiere questioned.

"No, nevermind cause I'm going to get mad at you, and I'm going to want to scratch my face off of you and I'm going to cry out of fut-station cause I can't" Kensli said.

"I love you too"

"I am the only girl in this whooole entire playhouse. I wanted a friend right now"

"Your brother-"

"Aunt Naddy gonna have to visit me. I gonna clean my room for her right now" Kensli turned and almost sprinted off.

Antiere pulled at Kensli's arm. "Please don't do that to me. I ain't seen Nadir in years, and that would  kill me."

"Shutted up. I want her to bringed me a girl she baby sits to our playhouse. She said it's fun for the hurt kids to play with me. Do not be rude though. I remembered"

"Naddy is not going to bring a kid all these miles away from home. She ain't close"

"Naddy will do it because I love her"

-

Nadir sat across from Earnest, watching him smoke.

"Do I stress you out? You feel like you need to escape me so you get high? Because you didn't smoke before"

"No, ma. I just like feeling"

"I can do more things and give you better feelings than a temporary high. Without the damages to your body"

Earnest smiled at her. "Come sit"

"I'm not smiling, and I'm not sitting"

So he put the blunt out, and sat back in his chair. "I won't do it around you anymore. My bad"

She fixed her clothes before grabbing her keys. "K"

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, and she answered when she saw that it was her brother.

"Hello? Hellooooo? Hellooo-whoa-whoa"

"Hey, best friend" Nadir walked out the front door with Earnest close behind her.

"Naddy, daddy said that you haved to visit us, and tolded me to tell you. He can't talked right now, and don't asked him later. Cause it's not a good idea"

"You usually visit me because you guys have a more flexible schedule than me"

"Not this time. Make it work, pleeeeeaaasee. I missed you"

"I'll do the best that I can, Kens"

"I gotta go. Daddy might be looking for his phone" Kensli hung up.

She unlocked her car door before climbing in, as did Earnest.

Nadir twisted her lip to the side and put the car in reverse before pulling off.

"I know you ready to put your seatbelt on" He scolded and leaned back in his seat, still looking at the side of her face.

When she didnt respond, Earnest reached across her body and put it on for her before giving it a light pull.

Nadir slipped her left arm underneath the strap.

"I can take your car home, and pick you up later ma?"

"No, my boyfriend will just come and get me"

Earnest laughed out loud. "So let me make a joke about female"

"You not pulling anybody cute anyways. Myself included" She exited the car, and Earnest looked at her as if she were stupid.

"You not gone yell at her, Earnest" He sighed before getting out of the car.

"Nadir, how you feelin'?"

She pressed hard into her thigh before rubbing her hand up and down the leg of her pants. It was an anxiety thing.

She wiped at her eyes. "I can't  - I gotta be work" She looked towards the building behind her, hoping that he would just let her disappear.

"Well you already know we can talk. You know I got'chu, Nadir"

She nodded her head.  "I think - I think I'll feel better after I spend some time with my family. It's just a phase"

-