Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure, Jax? I mean is this for sure?" Cora asked as she turned to face him, her arms crossed over her chest as she took what he had said. She knew that he dealt in guns, but she had no idea that he was in so deep that now he was going to prison for fourteen months. "Jax—you are going to miss my pregnancy and the baby—and- "She trailed off as she looked away from him, her body relaxing moments later as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I know baby—I'm so sorry. I wish there was another way baby but—there isn't." He said as he turned her towards him, his hand brushing a tear from her face as he tried to memorize every single curve of her beautiful face.

"I'll be here Jax, and I will wait for you. I'll make sure and write you, every day." She said as she hugged him tight, Jax smiling as he kissed the top of her head.

"I'm not gone yet, baby—we got a few days, a few days that I wanna spend with you and Abel." Jax said as he pressed his lips to her, Cora moaning hard into his mouth as he lifted her up from the ground. Jax wanted to make love to her as many times as he could before he went in, making sure he made enough sweet memories that would keep him warm and comforted at night.

"I love you." Cora moaned out as Jax trailed his lips down her neck, the moment put on hold as Abel began crying in the next room. "Here." Cora said as she sat up, Jax shaking his head no as he stood and walked from the room, Cora sighing as she laid on the bed and rested her hand on her stomach.

Cora knew that she needed to be strong and stand by her man as he went to prison, but she had no idea just how she was going to go through pregnancy and having a baby without him. She never imagined that she would have to go through that time in her life alone, but then again, she knew that Jax didn't live the normal life.

"He went back to sleep." Jax said as Cora sat up, her body trembling as Jax leaned in to kiss her. Cora broke the kiss, her arms wrapping tightly around him as she felt a sob leave her lips. Jax sigh and held her close, knowing that it was going to be hard on Cora, especially since she was pregnant.

"You need to be strong baby—our son needs you." Jax said he rested his hand on her flat stomach, Cora smirking as she raised her eyebrow.

"Baby, you don't know if it's a boy."

"I got a good feeling, baby. "Jax smiled as he gently pushed her down, both getting lost in the moment as Cora tried not to think about the fact that Jax was going to be taken from her, just when she got him back.

                                                                         ***

Cora shot up in the darkness, her breathing heavy as all her memories came flooding back, her body shaking as she looked over at Jax. She smiled as she saw he was sleeping soundly, her lips gently pressing on his as she remembered the exact moment she fell in love with him. She remembered it all so vividly just like the doctor said might happen, her heart breaking as she knew that the ATF was coming for Jax and few other members. 

  Cora slipped from the bed and threw on some jeans and shirt, her body shaking as she thought about how she could keep them from prison. Cora knew that for years the ATF had been sniffing around the cult she had been raised in, but members were far too scared to talk, since they knew what would happen if they did. 

Cora took out a sheet of paper and wrote a small note for Jax, knowing that he was going to be confused when he read it, but she had to at least try save him. She didn't want him missing out on her pregnancy and the birth of their child, and she knew that the ATF wanted the info she was carrying far more than they wanted the MC.