Chapter Four

TWO DAYS LATER

Cora sat on her bed, her hand running through her hair as she listened to Abel sleep soundly in his crib, her eyes looking at her phone as she waited impatiently for Jax to call. She knew he was in Stockton doing whatever he needed to do for his club, no doubt surrounded by women with far more world experience than her.

She wasn't worried Jax would cheat, since she knew he cared about her, but there was a part of her that felt she was never going to be good enough to fit into his hectic life. Twenty minutes later Cora smiled as her phone vibrated, her eyes going to Abel to make sure he was sleeping before she answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful." Jax said, his voice sounding tired as the sounds of joyous laughter faded the moment Cora heard the click of a door. "I missed you today, I can't wait to be home." Jax sighed as Cora felt a huge smile roll over her face.

"I have missed you, Jax—your mother is driving me insane. All she talks about is how Clay is cheating on her, it's really stressful." Cora said as she heard Jax sigh since she knew full well he knew how she was feeling.

"I know baby, she gets like that, just brush her off—don't let her get to you. Jesus, I can't wait to get back to you, back to Abel—I miss you guys so much." Jax said, Cora feeling the butterflies in her stomach swirl her mind going insane as she relaxed into the bed. The aching between her legs was killing her, her hands twitching as she knew full well what she needed to do to solve it.

"I miss you too, I know that Abel does too." She sighed as she pulled the blanket over her shivering body, her mind racing as she tried to process what she was feeling. "I wish you were here, Jax." She whispered as he heard Jax chuckle.

"I wish I was there, I wish I could hold you, I wish I could kiss you." Jax said, Cora feeling her breathing increase as she tried to think of what to say next, her body on fire as she felt her face flush.

"Where would you kiss me?"

"I'd kiss your beautiful soft lips and the corners of your mouth, just the way you like baby." Jax whispered as Cora bit her lip, her eyes shutting tight as she tried to steady her racing heart.

"What else would you do?" Cora asked as she heard Jax inhale sharply, her core aching in a way she had never felt before.

"I'd lay you down on my bed, and trail my lips over neck and down your chest, and take your breast in my mouth as my other hand slips into your panties, listening as he called out my name." Jax whispered, Cora gasping as she felt the room spinning around her.

"Jax, what are you doing to me— "

"What are you doing to me, Jesus baby—this is all new to me too, I've never had a relationship like this." Jax chuckled as Cora felt a blush go over her cheek as she took what he said as a compliment.

"When do you come home?"

"Tomorrow night baby, that's why they are throwing a party, I really want you to come." Jax said as Cora felt her nerves wash over her. She wanted to be near him, but didn't want a repeat of what happened last time. She knew however that she couldn't let fear take her over, and rule her life since she had lived in fear her entire life.

"I will be there, waiting with bells on." She chuckled, her core still aching as she slipped her hand between her legs. Cora sighed and bit her lip, her mind racing as she felt her entire body flush.

"You okay baby?"

"Not really, I'm aching for you Jax." She whispered as she hoped she didn't sound silly, a blush going over her face as she heard him sigh.