Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Arabella Baine

“You… Partially shifted,” Nicolai whispered as he looked at my hand. “Put it down Arabella. This is not you at all.”

“He deserved something much worse than this! He’s lucky I was feeling a bit lenient today,” Anger still coursed through my body as my hand trembled and the man’s heart fell. My knees gave out as the sight of his body and the smell of his blood made my head spin. Did I really do that?

He deserved it. Do not feel guilty,’ that voice whispered to me as I felt the anger return. ‘He has taken advantage of the innocent pack members. He was exactly like your father and that no good mate of ours!’

“Come on, Bells,” Jake whispered as he offered me his hand. I looked at it and let out a humorless chuckle.

“I order you to clean this up,” I looked him straight in the eyes and felt his aura of dominance and power diminish. “There will be new regulations made. The Sauron Pack’s guard wolves and other pack members will move back into the Sauron Pack house. From now on, the Grant Pack is free of any threat from the Sauron Pack. And the pack will be led by its rightful leader- Ella Grant,” gasps echoed throughout the room as they took in my announcement.

“You can’t,” Jake exclaimed as he looked at me frantically. “Rylan will be angry. It took him years to-“

“You said that while Rylan is unable to rule, I will have to step up am I correct?” His eyes showed defeat as he nodded. “Then as your Luna, I declare that the Grant Pack is free from the control of the Sauron Pack.” A deafening silence ran across the crowd as they all stared at me wide eyed.

“I…Can’t,” Elle whispered with tears in her eyes. “I can’t rule a pack by myself.”

“You can and you will,” I whispered, looking into her eyes. “Eli was a very strong Alpha and so are you, Ella. You can do this.”

“I can’t. I don’t even have a mate and-“

“You don’t need a damn mate to rule over a pack,” I snarled out, looking at her shaking figure. “You need to step up and take over. Do this for your pack… For your father.”

“I’m sorry,” Ella whispered, tears flowing down her face. “I can’t do it.”

“Then who do you think should take over?” I screamed, frustration taking over me. “Who is more capable?”

“His Beta,” she breathed out.

“Jake? Really?” I let out a throaty laugh as I looked at him. My eyes turned into slits as I felt the familiar anger take over my body. His gaze met mine as I shook my head. “You don’t understand Ella. He was the Beta! Meaning, he had more power than that fool who tried to take advantage of you. It also means that he could’ve taken over Austin and treated your pack the way it should be. He’s so blinded by his loyalty for Rylan that he didn’t bother looking at the condition that your pack is in! He doesn’t deserve to take over.” Jake flinched as if I had hurt him physically. The voice inside my head chuckled.