Chapter TwelvePointFive

Enjoy!

Chapter 12.5

Rylan Sauron

The sun shone brightly through the curtains, waking me up halfway. My hands automatically stretched over to the side, trying to get a feel of my mate. My wolf suddenly perked up at her absence as my eyes shot wide opened. I tossed my sheets aside and tried to listen to my surroundings, maybe she was elsewhere.

Shrugging my shoulders, I tried to relax my wolf by taking a warm shower and thinking about her wonderful smile. I would have to try looking for her later on. I need to attend to many pack issues and need to look over the updates of Baine’s activities.

“Here they are,” Jake dropped a few folders onto my desk as I settled onto my chair.

“Have you seen Arabella?” I looked over him as he shook his head.

“Haven’t seen her since the whole Nicolai incident. I’ll be leading the patrol wolves today. I’ll leave you to your work, Alpha. Oh and please do not forget about the Alpha of Liverpool and Dublin coming over with their important delegates this afternoon,” he bowed his head slightly and turned to the exit.

“Jake?”

“Yes, Alpha?” He turned back to me.

“See to it that the house is spotless and will give a good impression of our pack to my dear European friends,” I signed a document and dismissed him with a wave of my hand. “You may leave.”

As soon as he shut the door, I was on work mode. I had to look over minor issues such as overcrowding in the Stellar packs and over surrounding packs. I also had to look over the financial reports of the pack. So far, our little businesses were flourishing. I wasn’t doing this  for my benefit only, I was doing this for my pack and the rest of the pack that have succumbed to my rule.

I may have taken over their pack, but that does not give me the right to take everything from them. I gave them freedom, just not enough to give them the incentive that they can rebel against me. I gave them financial support, to support their family and fund for their children’s education. I even let them keep their homes.

Many other shifters have spread rumors about me. Yes I am deadly. I am probably the most ruthless and cruel person you’d ever meet, if you dare betray me. I can be very generous and kind, if you listen to my orders.

I need her,’ my wolf whimpered.

Can’t you hold it off for a little while?’ I frowned, looking over the recent reports of the Stellar pack.

This is our last day,’ he growled. My eyes widened at the realization. I would have to mate with Arabella today or else I would fall ill and die a painful death.

I needed to find Arabella and explain to her my situation. Damn, damn damn! I worked in a faster pace, looking at the pack’s complaints and trying to solve them.

The Stellar Pack was requesting for more wolves to investigate Eli Grant’s ‘disappearance.’ I rolled my eyes at their pathetic pleas. As if. And what would happen then? They must’ve known what happened to their pathetic little Alpha. I didn’t mean to disrespect my mate’s father, but that’s what he was. He should’ve known better than trying to win the cowardly way. The bastard tried to sedate my wolf an hour before he challenged me.

That little plan didn’t work though. It seems as if my wolf has gotten stronger since Arabella came. Arabella. The girl I wanted and needed. We may not have been on the stage of loving each other like Victoria and I did, but I can see us getting there in the future. Maybe someday, I’d be able to love her just as much as I had loved Victoria or maybe even more than that. I shook my head, steering clear of these distracting thoughts.