twenty six

Author's note: if you're easily triggered skip this chapter.

Amelia's POV

I wake up feeling even more tired than before. I keep dreaming about fires and being lost in the middle of nowhere.

My bed still smells like Milo's cologne, it's comforting and irritating at the same time. Almost as if he were laying right next to me every night.

Since today is Saturday, I'm heading over to Braden's house. He asked a couple days ago if I wanted to hang out so I agreed.

I take a quick shower and flat iron my hair, parting it in the middle. I brush my eyebrows and put on some eyeliner and highlighter to make it look like I'm not dead inside.

I unwrap the towel from myself and grab my red bra from the dresser. I look for the matching panties but I can't find them. Maybe it's in the dirty laundry. I shrug it off and grab the first one I saw.

I put my black tank top on and an oversized blue jean shirt. I slide some high waisted jeans on and slip my black vans on. I look myself over as I apply some lip gloss. I still look dead.

"Mom I'm gonna head over to Braden's." I say as I grab my keys from the hook.

"You don't want any breakfast first?" She asks looking up from the TV.

"I'll get something over there."

"Alright have fun if I'm not here when you get back I'll be home late."

"Where are you going?"

"I have a date." She smiles.

"You just weren't going to tell me?"

"I would have eventually, I know it's a sensitive topic." She reasons.

"As long as he treats you right. Will I ever meet him?"

"If tonight goes well, maybe."

"Can I at least know his name?"

"His name is Michael."

"Alright you have fun too then." I wave and close the door behind me.

I drive over to Braden's house with the speakers blasting Lana Del Rey. I sing along all the way there.

I park in front of his house and notice Milo's car parked in front of mine.

What is he doing here?

I argue with myself on whether or not I should leave. I take a deep breath and get out of the car. I ring the door bell and play with my chipped nail polish while I wait.

"Hey Mel." He smirks as he opens the door with no shirt and his curly hair a mess. His voice was much deeper and croaky, letting me know he just woke up.

My weakness.

He slides aside so I could walk in. He shuts the door and turns to wrap his arms around me. I snuggle into him as he kisses my forehead.

"Good morning." Another raspy voice says as we pull away from each other.

I look over and see Milo walking down stairs with no shirt and messy hair. His sweatpants hung low on his hips as he walked.

"Hi." I squeak. "What is he doing here?" I turn to whisper at Braden.

"He needs a place to stay." He gives me an apologetic look as I pout.