CHAPTER 26- Broken

"Speak only when your words are more beautiful than the silence"

******

ZAYN'S POV

It was our practice day and like always, me and Bilal were the first ones on the field waiting for the rest of the boys.

"Hey Zayn, do you think we'll win this time?" Bilal asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know man, it's going to be tough considering the other school has a new player who happens to be a pro in soccer" I answered unsurely, the game would seriously be tough because I saw the new player last week at the local playground, he was with his friends and I have to admit that he played really good.

I heard Bilal say something but I couldn't figure out what he was saying because my eyes landed on the person who was behind him.

Ayesha was walking towards the field but once she saw us, she quickly turned away and walked towards the exit quite furiously.

She looked very disturbed and I wondered if it was because of the sorry incident which happened yesterday, she looked very mad when we laughed at her.

But as far as I remember, she was in a good mood in the morning. I don't know if I should call Ayman or just leave her, but a part of me was scared that she was out all alone.

A hand waving in front of my face brought me out of my thoughts, "dude, where are you lost?"

Before I could answer Bilal, I saw Ayman jogging towards us, maybe he knows where Ayesha is "Ayman, where's your sister?" probably not the best question to ask a brother about his sister.

As expected, Ayman stared at me for a while and finally answered, "Who cares? She's probably planning something devious for her next victim" he said while rolling his eyes.

Who cares? Did he just say who cares?

What is wrong with him? This was the same guy who almost punched me because I was being rude to his sister and now he's saying who cares? Something is definitely wrong!

I don't know why, but his tone made me very angry, "can I have a word with you?" I asked him as calmly as I could.

He let out a huff and followed me to the side of the field, "what's wrong with you?" I asked but he simply answered with, "nothing".

"no mate, there's definitely something wrong, you're always so possessive about Ayesha and now you're saying who cares?" this was all very confusing to me and so I had to know what's going on to clear all my confusions.

After trying all my very best to get him to talk, he finally gave in, "you remember the letters Ayesha was receiving?" he questioned and I tried to remember which letters he's talking about, It didn't take me much time to remember which letters he was talking about.

I nodded my head and so he continued, "well um, those letters were sent by..." now I was curious, very curious to know who was the guy that sent Ayesha letters everyday expressing his love through it.

"Are you going to continue?" I asked because Ayman paused to look at the field, he was looking at a certain person on the field and that's when it all hit me.

I turned around to look at Ayman who was now looking at me and said, "Aahil"

Now I understood his mood swings, the secretive box he had in his room full of papers which was always locked and all those smiles whenever Ayesha was present or when her name was mentioned.

HE LOVED HER!

"But how did you find out?" I asked Ayman, "I didn't, Aadil was the one who found out. He saw Aahil putting the letter in Ayesha's locker and that's why he punched him, I could've punched him too but I couldn't believe he's the one"

Oh so that's why Aadil ended up in detention, he was being protective of Ayesha. He was always protective of her because he doesn't have a sister and he took Ayesha like one, I also found him crying in his room when Ayesha was in the hospital for 5 days. That just explains why he punched his own twin continuously.

"But that doesn't explain your behavior towards Ayesha" I pointed out, he was being so confusing but at least he was answering my questions.

"I didn't know what to do man, I haven't spoken to Aahil or Ayesha since I found out. On one side, I have my little twin sister who means everything to me and on the other, I have my childhood best friend who has always been there for me, I have distanced myself from both of them in order to calm down"

"Wait, does Ayesha know this" I curiously asked, "NOOO" he yelled which made the boys look at us with confusion, I ignored them and turned to Ayman again.

"Don't ever let her know, otherwise she's surely going to kill him... not literally but I'm sure she'll use her karate skills on him"

That made both of us chuckle and I realized Ayman doesn't know where Ayesha is, should I tell him?

Or maybe I could find her myself and ask her why she looked so troubled, hah, that's funny, the troublemaker looked troubled!

******

After about an hour or so, I found Ayesha by the waterfall in the city park. She looked so innocent while playing with the water, what's got her in a bad mood though?

I didn't tell Ayman that I saw Ayesha leave, Schools probably over now and sooner or later he'll find out that his little sister is missing, I want him to realize that him not 'caring' has made a big difference on his sister.

After little while later, Ayesha got up from where she was sitting and grabbed her bag from the floor, she went on the other end of the park where they were less people and opened her bag to take out a small scarf.

I watched from where I was standing as she laid it on the ground, took off her shoes and started praying her Salah. I checked my watch and surely it was time for the Asr prayers. I checked my school bag if I had anything to pray on and found my sports t-shirt in there. I laid it on the ground and started performing my Salah as well.

After I finished my Salah, I made Dua and got up. I looked towards where Ayesha was praying before to find her sitting with her hands raised, making Dua.

I walked closer to her all the while making sure she doesn't notice me, she was sniffing while saying something in a really low voice.

She sounded so... broken!

******

It had been almost 4 hours now and the sun was already set bringing out the dark and starry sky. Ayesha and I had been walking in the park and streets since then and stopped a few times to our Maghreb and Esha prayers.

Obviously she was the one walking and I just secretly followed her to see what she's up to and making sure she's safe. It was dark and the streets were getting empty.

I can't believe I'm here protecting the girl who has threatened to kill me many times, but I went with the thought that she's my best friends sister and she's alone, I have to protect her!

She finally turned around and started walking on the route to her house, she took a short cut and turned to an alley, that's when mischief took over me and I planned to scare her a little.

I covered my face with my hood and walked towards her, increasing my pace.

I guess she heard my footsteps and so she glanced at the back and started walking faster.

Oh this is going to be so much fun!

"Hey troubles, hope you all are doing good?
This is the second chapter in Zayn's POV so please let me know how it is, as a girl I have no idea how to write like a guy!
Next update will be in a week so please don't ask me to update soon as it kind of pressurizes me, sorry about that but I really hope you guys understand!
Lastly, please don't forget to vote, comment and share this story, Thank you!
Stay Safe, Stay Blessed!
AYESHA❤