"Let's go!" Tobin screams out and I chuckle as we get up and go back to our half.

"Y/N." Carli says as Japan takes their time to get back into position.

"What's up?" I ask and she points to the goal.

"I want you to hit it from the line. Not right now, but some time during the game." Carli says and I raise an eyebrow. "You hit every midfield shot you take in practice."

"I only do those for fun." I say and she smiles, winking at me.

"Are you having fun yet?" She asks before jogging over to her spot, and I sigh, getting into my position as well.

-
Hope
-

"Y/N Y/L/N looks to be having some words with U.S. Women's National Team captain, Carli Lloyd after that insane goal, it doesn't seem to be reprimanding, they seem to be discussing something. A captain's opinion is always appreciated in games like this."

"Speaking of Y/N Y/L/N, if you are just tuning in to this game, Y/N Y/L/N for the United states is the player to watch for this match, she's been playing with such ferocity in this World Cup, some people wouldn't believe that this is the same Y/N Y/L/N. She did say, though, that this World Cup is a personal matter to her, in a press conference Jill Ellis held a couple of days ago, to put rumors and questions about the star player, to rest, it seems to have worked though."

The commentators say as the game resumes, and the ball is filtered through Japan's midfield, Y/N following the ball like always, being patient, waiting for Japan to make a mistake, and when they do, she picks off the ball, lays it off to Alex, and follows her, leveling the cross Alex sends in, giving Morgan the ball with a back heel as Japan's defense tightens around Y/N. Moe gets the ball to Tobin, who takes a shot, but the ball is pushed behind the goal for a corner, when it's taken Carli sends in a cross and Y/N gets her head on the ball, but the keeper blocks the shot, of course, the ball lands at Tobin's feet, so she just passes the ball into goal, since the keeper was on the opposite side of the goal. 3-0 in the first 30 minutes. Japan gets the ball again and scores, so, when Alex and Y/N stand in the circle, Alex puts her foot on the ball, nodding at each other after something Y/N says and when the whistle is blown, Alex touches the ball to Y/N, who boots the ball up field.

"What the hell, Y/N, nobody is- I see." I say when the camera focuses on Japan's keeper, making the same critical mistake as 2015, ball goes in, and the US is up 4-1.

-
Carli
-

"What did I say?" I ask, running up to Y/N, who turns to me, smiles at me and jumps on me,

"Y/N fucking Y/L/N!" Alex yells, running up to us as the rest of the team surround us, minus Ash, she's still in goal, jumping, either bored out of her mind and trying to keep her feet from aching, or happily, probably a mix of both though. We all get back into position and watch Japan kick off again, Y/N seals out one of their mid fielders and passes the ball to me, so I pass up to Alex, who makes a great run, a cross is sent in, but Japan gets the ball, fouling Moe, who was about to level the ball and shoot, but the refs are blind, so they didn't see a thing, the ball comes into our half and Ali gets the ball, passing up to me, and the rest of the half is like this, offense, defense, offense, defense. When the half time whistle blows, we all file into our locker rooms and the team listens as Tobin and I speak, while the girls hydrate, especially Y/N, who has stayed doing the most for the first half, and looks like she has no intent in stopping with that. Once Tobin and I have said what we've had to say, the staff come in and speak with us, telling us who is going out and who is taking who's spot, and I share a look with Tobin, we both know that one of us is coming off in the second half, and we both know who will stand in for us.