Chapter 8 - White Haired Girl

Let's get started! Hope you all enjoy!

I kiss the top of her head. "I'll try not to risk my life like that again, Luce." The name slipped and I chuckle silently.

Her sniffing stopped for a moment as she giggled at the name. "Luce? Where did that come from?" She asks, then pulled back from my chest and looked back at me with her beautiful, shining hazel colored orbs, although they were a bit puffy from crying.

I shrug, lifting my shoulders then dropping them back down. "I don't know it just kind of slipped." We get up and dust our clothes off. I felt as if it was the right moment, and pulled her waist toward me. Her eyes grew wide. "Luce, I-"

"Natsu..?" I look over. There was a white haired girl standing at the end of the hall with her hand over her mouth and her eyes wide with shock. She wore a poofy blue strapless dress, blue high heels, white gloves, blue jeweled earrings, and a necklace that had diamonds inbeded in gold that shaped an L.

Lucy shoves me away, not really caring for my wounds anymore. My chest started to sting as she shoved me away. She ran off with tears streaming down her face again while I fell to the ground, in pain from the force she pushed me with. I was confused. Why did she suddenly push me away and start crying again?

The girl helps me up as I thank her. "Lisanna, why are you here?" I lightly push her away when she holds my arm. But the answer to that question, I already knew. So here, let me tell you what happened. When I used to be a rogue prince, my father - when he was alive - assigned a wedding for me to my childhood friend because he wanted to retire from the throne and make me king of the Dragonic Kingdom. I went to the other side of the planet to prevent getting married.

After a year or two, I thought he would've already forgotten about it, and returned to that kingdom. But when I got there, my father was gone. Dead. The castle guards told me he had died just the day before and told them to tell me to take the throne. It was his dying wish. But I guess.. they still expect me to get married to Lisanna. For her, she was overjoyed about getting married to me. For me, I wasn't too happy. I only thought of her as a friend. A little sister even.

She huffed. "Guess you have found someone else? Well, what do I expect? Of course you would have found someone better since the last time I saw you two years ago. But then.. They said once I found you, the wedding would continue.."

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry, Lisanna.." I kind of felt bad for her.. Her long-time crush is in love with someone else. I wonder how that must feel.. Honestly, if I were in her place, I would have sat in my castle alone, and I don't mean that in a mean way like she should just give up completely on love. I mean, give someone else a chance and see if you like them. In a way, I think her personal body guard, Bixlow, would be the perfect guy. I bet he'd be interested to date her. Both me and Lucy could set something up for them sometime.

"You really love Lucy, don't you?" I was surprised by what she said, and nodded. She looked at the floor and played with her gloves. "You should go and cheer up.. I'll tell them that the wedding is off.. Hurry and go before they find you. I'm rooting for NaLu! You better make it happen soon enough!"

I started running and look back, smiling. "Bye, Lisanna! I hope you and Bixlow get together soon!" Her mouth immediately gaped open as she blushed crimson. She turned the other way and walked away, hesitantly. I swear she tripped in those tall heels out of nervousness. I chuckle. Now, time to search for Lucy. I went back to the room I was in and found Lucy there. She was curled up in a ball on the bed, asking herself things like, 'why am I always the third wheel' or 'why me'. "Luce? You okay?" I grab her and make her sit in my lap.

She pushes me away. "Go away, Natsu.." More tears stream down her face. I put my hands on her cheeks and wipe them away with my thumbs. I kiss her forehead.

I pull her into a tight, loving hug. "Not until you tell me what is wrong." I set my chin on top of her head and turn up my body temperature to heat her cold body up a bit.

She cuddles into my chest and gets into a comfortable position. "Was she your.." She trails off and looks away as a blush spreads across her cheeks. I hold her tighter in my arms.

Hope you all enjoyed! Until next chapter, Little Fairies! Ja Ne!