Mute!Male!Reader x Widowmaker || Love on the Battlefield

Requested by: Black1Bread on DeviantART

She never hesitated in taking a shot, so why was she now? She didn't know why, but as soon as her sights rested on him, she found herself incapable of taking the shot. She cursed herself silently as she kept her crosshair focused on the member of Overwatch. He had (h/l), (h/c) hair with from what she could depict under his black and white outfit (s/c) skin. Her grip tightened upon her weapon, hands shaky as she prepared for the shot. Just as she was about to pull the trigger, she was slammed into and the shot was off, firing randomly into the sky. The woman cursed, now focused on the brunette female who grinned at her cheekily. "Whatcha doing, love?" giggled the obnoxious Brit before they began their usual clash.

Meanwhile, a certain (h/c) haired man was running through the battlefield, eyes darting around wildly as he panicked. He was scared and confused, he'd never been on a battlefield before and with being incapable of speaking he found himself terrified that he'd be unable to call for help if he required it. He winced as a gunshot sounded and pain shot through his right forearm. He whirled around, firing at the person who'd caused him pain before firing off two shots rendering them dead as they collapsed. He darted for an alley to patch himself up, making sure no one followed as he went.

He pressed himself against the rough brick, breathing heavy as he tried to calm himself. With shaky hands he pulled out a small health pack that Mercy had given each member of the squad to patch themselves up for emergencies. He opened it, pulling out some disinfectant spray and some bandages. He gritted his teeth as he poured disinfectant into the wound before wrapping it tightly. As he put his stuff away, he pulled out his notepad to make a note to tell Mercy later to remove the bullet and heal him with nanobots. As he grabbed this pencil, a woman dropped down in front of him making him drop it and nearly jump out of his skin. He recognized her instantly just by the color of her skin.

Widowmaker, he thought, fear striking his heart like lightning. Where was Tracer? She was supposed to deal with her...had she failed? The woman snickered and said, "Seeing zat look on your face is so...vonderful. Pure fear vhen you know your death is near you..." She licked her lips in amusement. "Any last words, mon chéri?" He nodded, grabbing for the pencil and was about to scribble something down, but she quirked an eyebrow, obviously intrigued. "What, can you not speak?" He nodded, eyes wide. "Heh, well zen...write fast, I hate being kept vaiting..." He sweated before scribbling something down swiftly, dread hanging heavy on him. As soon as he finished this note, she'd kill him. A few tears formed in his eyes. It looked like his assumption of his muteness being his weakness was true. As he set down the pencil, he swallowed hard before wiping away tears and looking to her. "Don't vorry...zis vill end quickly..."

He expected her gun to his chest, but instead her lips pressed against his. He flinched at how cold they were, like icy water being poured down his back. He shut his eyes, frozen stiff and unsure how to react to this action she'd set in motion. As she slowly moved away from him, cutting off the short kiss his eyes opened once more. "I hope to see you again, mon chéri. However, not on ze battlefield vould be preferred, no?" With that, she was gone, and (y/n) was left to sit there in a daze as he distantly heard the sound of gun fire. He didn't care for it though. No matter all the warnings more experienced members of Overwatch had given him about that woman, he didn't believe them. She was like a drug, her kiss having hooked him, and he couldn't wait for another taste. He'd fallen in love on the battlefield with one of the most dangerous snipers in the world, and he was just fine with that.