Chapter 26: The Next Move

Please don't hate me. I know I havn't posted in forever, and I won't be posting for a while because my GCSE's are like days away. But I ahd this chapter saved so I gave you guys one more chapter before my hiatus. I'll be posting again in mid or late June!

ASHTON'S P.O.V

It was morning and my eyes had just about opened up as I let out a loud yawn stretching my arms out. Yesterday afternoon Chloe had moved into my room. I remembered Luke telling me about how Bella didn't have a place to stay, so I had made Chloe promise to give her room to Bella for a little while so that she'd have a place to stay but trust me when I say it wasn't easy. I had to convince her by telling her about how she needed getting used to being in the same room for after we're married- which is complete bullshit but the thought of it had overwhelmed her and gotten her to agree.

I was laying in my own bed and before getting up, I cautiously looked behind to see if Chloe was in Bella's bed asleep, but she wasn't. She'd probably gone to meet up with her friends or something, I thought to myself before the door knob turned and I immediately turned back around to pretend to be asleep. I didin't want to spend time with Chloe, and if sleeping in meant that I wouldn't have to, that's what I was going to do.

But something surprising happened, she walked into the room whispering on the phone, I couldn't quite make out what she was saying because she was covering her mouth and whispering. The only words I made out where "I can't" and "Not now" but the last thing I heard was the most surprising, "My mum will find me" and that was all I heard before she'd hung up but it got me thinking already, the entire time I've known Chloe, I've not once heard about her mum. Even when we were going out, during Christmas I went home to my family but Chloe didn't say anything about going home, I think she spent her Christmas in school with friends.

I heard her sigh in frustration and land on her bunk with a loud thump and then a groan escaped her lips. Looked like something is not going to plan. For a while, I didn't really to anything, just layed their wondering what the phone call meant and what my next move was going to be. I decided to lay in my bed for a few minutes- maybe ten, until it seems safe to wake up and act oblivious of what I just heard.

After a little while, I heard chloe's footsteps once again and she walked into the bathroom, trailing off with her towel and some clothes. I just knew she would have done something seductive if she'd known I was awake, being the slut that she is- thank god for that. After the coast seemed to be clear, I sat up on my bed grabbing my phone which I kept under my pillow at all times. I unlocked it with my password and went through a few texts I'd received overnight- non of which were Bella's- nor Luke's. Just a bunch of random girls asking me for a second date- or in other words another one night stand and a bunch of guys telling me to come to football practice and news on upcoming matches.

Thing is, ever since this whole Chloe incident which was pretty much straight after my leg recovery, I'd been bailing on football practice, I kept coming up with excuses for my injured leg or things like I was ill or had some sort of family or school crisis, and considering I was one of their star players, they were now freaking out that I would miss our match in the finals against the 'Krown Tigers' from a school in Northern Wales called 'Krown Valley'- but I wasn't going to, my teammates were like family and I was not about to let them down but right now, I didn't feel like dealing with my melodramatic  teammates.

I didn't see any texts from Bella, or even Luke for that matter. I thought about maybe texting them about what I'd just found out, but I couldn't get them involved- Bella's happiness would be in danger if anyone knew, looked like this was going to be a lone fight. I sighed scrolling through the texts once again to see if i'd missed anything, but no. I sighed walking over to my wardrobe and wore a clean T-shirt, throwing the one I was currently wearing onto the floor as I usually did. I sprayed some deodorant deciding to have a shower later on, but for now I wanted to get out of the room. I knew that Chloe would come out of that bathroom in nothing but a towel or robe, and frankly, that was a sight I preferred not to see. I gave my hair a quick fiddle forcing it to be a bit tidier and left the room.