Chapter 17: A Cruel World

At first I started rambling a few words, utterly confused, and shocked. How does she know? How could she have possibly found out!? I definitely did not tell her, and Chloe was great, she was nice and sweet but from ever since I'd met her, I'd had this bad feeling about her, it was weird, like she was bad news, but either way I'd met her and I thought I was wrong in feeling the way I felt about her, until now...

"I know about you Bella, or Isabella whatever you wanna be called" She said in a more smug tone of voice than she usually speaks in.

"H-how?" I whispered, terrified of what was happening.

"I-I don't know if I should say.. " She trailed off her sentence.

"What?" I said, now less scared and more concerned, "What do you mean? Of course you should say"

"But I don't know if the person wanted me to say, I don't know" She stuttered, seeming very nervous.

"Chloe, it was my secret in the first place, I would like to know who's spreading it" I simply said, getting irritated now at who this person was.

"...Ashton" She whispered hesitantly, "He um, he also told me about your grandfather"

My eyes widened in shock. Ashton. Did she just say, Ashton? How could he!? I remembered the night I told him about this all, it was such an intense night and I told him stuff I hadn't even been able to admit to myself, I cried for hours for gods sake! I was a wreck, and in such a sensitive state, and he knew how emotional and private the things I told him were, How could he!

"When? Why? How did you even reach to that subject?" I asked, in disbelief.

"That's the other thing.." She once again trailed off, causing me to start stressing.

"Go on" I whispered, preparing myself for what I was about to hear.

"I know for sure, I am not supposed to tell you about this, so please don't tell Ashton I said anything to you" She said, desperately and slightly worried.

I nodded, "I won't".

"While you were gone, Ashton was messed up, he needed comfort because well he was I guess alone? and then one thing lead to another and we slept together.. and that's also why I'm here, I knew he was in a accident.. I'm here to see him" She said, in a apologetic tone of voice.

For a while, it felt as if my whole world had come crashing down, but I didn't understand why, maybe it was because I thought Ashton had changed, and he didn't sleep with the first girl he saw when he felt upset, but this clearly proved me wrong. Or maybe it was just heartbreaking to know that while I was sleeping on muddy wet streets, he was here sleeping with my best friend! I didn't know quite what it was, but what I did know was that what I was feeling right now was heartbreak.

"Bella, Are you okay?" She whispered.

"I-I'm.. You know what, forget it and about the princess stuff, You know that I need you to keep it a secret" I mumbled, still unable to stop thinking about Ashton... with Chloe.

"Yea, yea! No worries, so details, princess! What is it like being royalty and all?" She beamed, excited and acting slightly insensitive to my feelings right now, like she didn't care that I was feeling upset.

"I'll discuss it later, I have to go" and with that I left, walking out of the hospital, never planning on visiting Ashton again.

.....................................................................................................................................

I arrived to that same old room, that I was so eager to arrive to at the start of term and now I just couldn't wait to get out. I stormed in, tears now streaming down my face as I harshly opened my closet door to see all of my clothes still hung up there in the order I'd left them in. I sniffled, and wiped a tear that slowly strolled down my cheeks before roughly grabbing all of my clothes and throwing them into a large suitcase.