Chapter 11: Mysterious Ashton

I stared at Ashton in shock, my hand covering my open mouth, I blinked slowly watching him return back at me, and he smirked at me with a smug facial expression, he lifted his eyebrows twice and gestured to the two boys groaning on the floor making me let out a giggle.

"Ashton that was horrible" I said, trying to stop smiling.

"Jerks need to be taught a leson, Belle, it's the way the world works" He said, as proud as ever.

"Did you just call me belle" I asked, wondering if I was hearing things.

"Oh um" He suddenly got slightly nervous, "I guess I did?"

I looked at him, examining his face. He looked as if he was worried about my reaction, almost like he'd never given a nickname to anyone before, besides arn't nicknames used for people you know really well? That meant.. Ashton actually thought of me as more than just an "annoying roommate", clearly, I mean he hurt some bullies for throwing squash on me, He wouldn't do that unless he somewhat cared about me. I suddenly realised everything Ashton had done for me since I'd arrive at school, I smiled to myself and looked up at him smiling, "I like it" I said, as he smiled back.

"I'll see you after school" I said smiling down at me, he looked back and gave the rest of the class a quick glare before leaving.

I stared at the class who were dead silent and all the people who had been laughing were silent with a serious and maybe even scared expression, I slowly walked in and was on my way back to my desk before the teacher stopped me reaching his hand out to stop me from walking through.

"The only place you're going is to the head of year's office!" He shouted caused me to jump a little and pointed to the door.

"But I don't know where it is" I said quietly.

He sighed and looked around the class, "Molly take Ms Rechberg to the Mrs Jensen's office".

I looked around to see who he was asking to take me, and suddenly the frizzy haired girl I sat next to slowly stood up, "Okay" I heard her mumble as she came towards me and walked passed out of the door as I followed.

I closed the door behind me and walked close behind her, I didn't know if I should bother talking to her, I'd probably just be wasting my breathe, until she suddenly spoke up, "Thank you" She said, "for standing up for me"

"It's fine" I smiled, excited that she was talking.

"No it isn't, you're in trouble now" She continued apologising, "because of me"

"Don't be silly! Those guys needed to be taught a lesson! what poor behaviour they had!" I exclaimed.

 "Yea.. they've been annoying me since I started school" She whispered, seeming a little ashamed.

"What!? Why didn't you stick up for yourself?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Well.. I guess I just never had the guts too, which is why I'm so grateful you were there for me, at least now I know there's someone out there who cared" She smiled wide for the first time, "You honestly have a heart of gold".

I couldn't help but smile at the compliment, and I went to give her a hug because of her sweet words, "Thank you" I said, as she stopped out a large wooden door.

She slightly nodded and then said "this is it"

"Okay thanks for showing me here" I smiled, "Molly right?"

"Yes" She simply responded, "I'll see you around Bella" she said waving a little as I nervously walked through the door.

............................................................................................................................................