Chapter 7

Nico was honestly confused, why does he keep getting confessed to? Why was he being glared at by a purple haired girl? It made him wanna be a bit more reclusive than usual. What the fuck did Will do yesterday?

"Umm....are you Nico?" A loud voice asked from behind, causing him to turn around and nod slightly. Hopefully, she's not asking him out and one of his friends sent her. Yeah, that was immediately destroyed by her next statement. "Are you seeing anyone?" Fuck, he wasn't and the only names he had were people who already had someone. Well, almost all of them.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm dating this guy. His name is Will," he said immediately, watching her burst out into an enthusiastic smile. Well, that caught him complete off guard. Her green eyes starting to scan him a bit

"I see, well I won't tell anyone else because I'm not sure that information is public but thanks for telling me. My friend will be a bit sad you're taken, but I'm glad you could tell me and hopefully, I can be of some support! My name is Rachel Elizabeth Dare and I would love to meet this Will" she said with a smug expression on her face, causing Nico to blush. The name had just been on his mind because he was trying not to forget it and now, she believed that he had a boyfriend.

"Uh, well he lives in Kansas. We meet a few times over the summer and....yeah" he said awkwardly, turning a bright red. Yeah, hopefully, Will isn't bothered by the lie. It wasn't like the whole school was going to discuss it. "Wait, aren't you that artist chic that Percy is friends with?"

"Yep, I'm that 'artist chic'. I figured he mentioned me with the story of how I threw a hairbrush at a politician during a protest"  she said, that smug grin growing a bit wider. Yep, Nico wasn't sure if he regretted his decision now.

~

"HE DID WHAT?!" Will yelled, his blue eyes showing bewilderment while reading his phone, and got a few concerned looks from his friends. This new information completely pissed him off and it was clear that he didn't mean to attack Leo, but he should still learn to control himself.

"Will? What happened?" Piper asked quietly with concern. The beautiful female had a way with words that shouldn't have been possible for humans to achieve.

"It's not important, just something to do with yesterday." He said quietly and rested his face in his hands. Nobody would understand even if he attempted to explain himself. It was just impossible to switch souls with someone and the idea that it was actually occurring was astounding. At least to an outsider, but it was just completely frustrating to Will.

"You sure? Because it sounded like your boyfriend may have fucked up" Leo said with a quiet laugh, watching Will's face turn a bit red. Nico? That cute emo kid in New York? As his boyfriend? That's hilarious.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend. He's just a friend who did something idiotic. That something is now causing problems in my daily routine" he whispered and rested his head on the table, earning some papping from Calypso.

"There, There, I understand how frustrating idiotic boyfriends can be" she responded, glaring at Leo while he whistled a bit and pretended to be innocent.

"He's not my boyfriend." He repeated, gripping his hair lightly. Honestly, it was starting to get a bit frustrating,  he had already told them he didn't have a boyfriend, did they need proof? "Plus this guy lives in New York,"

"Man, I don't know how you do it but long distance relationships are hard. Be careful okay? He could be catfishing you," Jason told him. Will wanted to scream, he really did but he couldn't. So instead, he left the table and walked towards the library to do research.

~

The curly redhead was starting to get on Nico's nerves as she berated him with question after question about Will. What does he look like? What's his personality like? How old is he? Does he have an accent? It was getting a bit stressful to keep this going. Maybe he should just introduce him to the male? It wouldn't be too hard to get there and plus it was almost time for summer break. 

"Fine, why don't we just go to Kansas? You can meet him there. I heard there was going to be a meteor shower there next Friday, so we have a week until then. You, Me, Percy and Annabeth can go to meet him. It'll be a surprise so don't mention it unless I bring it up first okay?" He told her with a serious expression on his face, his arms crossed in front of his chest. This was a trip he actually had been planning for the summer as he wanted to meet Will in person, but maybe it was better to do it now?

"That's a great idea! I'll tell Percy and Annabeth as soon as possible, I'm sure Percy will be willing to drive us there or maybe I can get my dad to give us a helicopter ride?" She suggested, her focus soon going to the picture she was doodling. It didn't take long for Nico to realize it was a drawing of him and the description he gave of Will, causing his cheeks to flush a light pink. Shit, this was embarrassing. 

"Yeah, Yeah that might be a good idea....or I can tell them myself.... Either way works honestly" He whispered quietly, trying to hide his flushed expression and hurry to his next class.

~

Will couldn't find anything of value in his research for answers. Soul swapping wasn't reported in history and seemed to be a much more modern concept then books were explaining. The closest explanation he could find was a description of the potential for spirits to possess bodies but neither of them were poltergeists, so that didn't make sense. After a little while, he pulled out his phone and decided to google the Manhattan area of New York as he believed it to be where Nico lived. 

He was honestly considering a trip there, maybe next Thursday when he wasn't busy with school or working at the daycare. It would be a relaxing trip, most likely, and he would finally get to meet Nico in person. He would also be able to complain about his behavior towards his classmates and the teachers for once. Maybe they would date? Wait, No. He shouldn't be wishing for such an intimate relationship with someone he's only known for two days. That's dangerous and ridiculous but, maybe after a week would be okay?

"Will?" Kayla said from behind and tapped his shoulder, causing him to gasp. 

"Shit. Kayla, you scared me. Do you need something?" He asked, placing a hand on his chest. 

"Well, the bell just rang. So you're late, " She said, laughing when he bolted out of the library and to his first class

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Well I decided to update early and I'm considering breaking this story into parts
Right now we're still on part one but by chapter 10 I hope to be at Part 2

When I mean parts I mean like Acts

Like the way a play is

so right now its Act1.

Anyways, once I finish the story I'm going to update everything and revamp it so that I correct any mistakes that I made because its not a good idea to fix small mistakes at the moment when I might have larger ones later on.
So I'll just fix them all later on

thanks for reading so far!

- Hazel