Chapter Three

Imani

After collecting some petrol I ran towards a phone box to see if I could try to phone Gloria.

My own phone wasn't working for some strange reason,I couldn't call or text or drop a voice message, nothing was working.

I dialed Gloria said number quickly, before waiting for an answer.

"Hello?" She said.

"Oh my gosh. Hey Gloria thank God you answered" I sighed in relief.

"Why what happened? Are you lost?" She asked concerned.

"I don't know, I mean I'm in Wolf Creek. I had to go to the petrol station to get some petrol for my car and-" I said.

"Wait you're in Wolf Creek, as in freak Creek? Imani you need to leave you're on the wrong side of town. Look if you're hopelessly lost I'll drive down tomorrow and get you-" she said before the line went dead.

"Damn it" I exclaimed in exasperation.

"You okay there?" A voice chuckled.

I let out a startled gasp after whipping around to see a tall young man a few steps behind me.

His shaggy dirty blond hair framed his perfectly sculpted face. Piercing grey eyes scanned my nervous movements in a predatorial style.It shocked me how perfect he looked.

It took me a while to comprehend that this adonis was talking to me.

"Y-yeah I'm fine" I managed to cough out.

"You don't look fine, you lost or need help"

"Well yes actually. I was supposed to visit a friend of mine but I found out I'm on the wrong side of town. I'm not really sure where the opposite side of town is-" I rambled.

"Easy there, take a breather" he chuckled, amused by my nervousness.

"Sorry" I said awkwardly.

"No need to apologise. The name's Ajax, Ajax Maddox" he introduced himself.

"Imani Kent" I replied, before shaking his outstretched hand.

For a second I felt a feeling of dread wash over me as I shook his hand, It was difficult to put into words how strange the feeling was. It felt rather unpleasant, like I shouldn't trust him, but it was only in that mere second that these whirlpool of precautions hit me. Slowly releasing my small hand from his much larger one, I took a step back.

"I should get going-" I said.

"You sure you don't need help, the next town is about four hours away and it looks like you haven't slept in a while Miss.Kent" he said.

Four hours

I mentally groaned at the distance, how the hell am I supposed to get there without falling asleep on the damn way.

"Mrs. Font and her daughter own a small B&B, you could stay there if you'd like and leave tomorrow morning"

Letting out a quiet sigh, I slowly nodded my head agreeing to stay in this town until the next morning.

"Where's this B&B, I'll just bring some of my luggage to put there until tomorrow when I leave"  I asked.

"I can bring you there if you'd like, it'll be much easier then directing you there" he offered.

"Why? Is it far off from the gas station or-" I asked.

"No, but like I said it'll be much easier for you if I just bring you there instead of directing you" he answered.

"Alright then, show me the way" I said.

"Here we are" he said, stopping in front of a familiar house.

Furrowing my eyebrows I stared at the house for a brief second before turning to face Ajax.

"This is Korina and Linda's house" I said.

"How did you know that? Have you already met them?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I met them earlier on. Linda directed me to the gas station. I didn't know they had a B&B" I said.

Doesn't look much like one either

"We don't get that many visitors around here, it's very rare since the majority of the population lives on the other side of town, I'm guessing that's the side your friend lives on" Ajax revealed.

"When you say we, who exactly are you referring to because I haven't seen that many people" I frowned.

"There's a gathering down near the lake at the moment, all the town are there" He said.

"Oh..." I said.

"Well um thank you for showing me the B&B, I think I've got it all handled from here" I said.

"No problem Miss.Kent" he said before he turned and walked away.

I watched him stroll down the street like he owned the place before he took a sharp turn.

Turning around I let out a gasp of surprise .

"Oh my sorry Imani for scaring you" Linda apologised, before wheeling herself towards me.

"It's fine Linda, were you um waiting there the entire time I was talking with Ajax?" I asked.

"I watched from my window dear, I heard you need a place to stay" she said before turning around and wheeling herself towards the door.

"Well yes I do actually, it's only for the night and I'll leave tomorrow morning as quick as possible. I can pay you now if you'd like-" I said.

"It's no problem, we can talk about prices after dinner dear. Why don't you get your luggage while Korina gets your room ready" she interrupted me.

"I'll just be a few minutes, thank you Linda thank you so much" I said.

"Once again dearie it's no problem at all" she smiled.

I walked down the street towards the direction of my car. The streets were just as empty as they were when I stepped into town, but something was off.

Slowly turning the corner, I nearly screamed right then and there. My eyes landed on the two men from earlier circling around my car. One of the men had a phone to his ear, speaking to somebody.

"She's not here sir" the man said

"Yes sir- It looks like the car has run out of gas. She's probably looking for petrol now sir....Yes sir-we'll find her sir" he continued.

I watched as both of the men got back into their car and reversed before driving towards my direction. Quickly diving behind a bush to avoid being seen, I stared after the black vehicle.

They were driving in the direction of the gas station, which meant I only had a good ten minutes to get to my car and collect my things before going back to the B&B.