Chapter Two

Imani

The drive to Wolf Creek was long and tiring, I sometimes contemplated turning back and running into Mateos arms once again begging him for forgiveness, but I stopped myself each time. Tears brimmed my eyes painfully. I tried to control all the whirlwind of emotions inside me, I tried to bottle up my agony but I couldn't.

The area I was passing consisted of forestry, no concrete jungles were in sight which was quite refreshing.

Subconsciously I pulled over into a small diner when the sound of my stomach singing rang in my ears.

Parking near the entrance, I exited my car before pressing the car key lock button. Holding onto my key tightly I planned out different ways on how to approach this situation.

Get the food, take away, then run.

Taking a deep breath I quickly entered the diner, only to see it was filled more then I expected. I held in a nervous gulp when I noticed the stares I was receiving from the people in the diner.

I walked briskly towards the counter to order something to eat.

"Welcome to Jane's diner, how can I help you" the petite chirpy brunette asked.

I gave the chirpy woman my order making sure to tell her I wanted it as take away.

"That'll be €4.90 please" she smiled.

I handed her a fiver and waited patiently for her to hand me my change and receipt.

Once she did this she told me that my order will be ready in about ten to fifteen minutes. Nodding my head I retreated from the counter, allowing the next customer to order.

Taking a seat near the booth closest to the door, I waited patiently for my food.

I froze in my seat when I felt a vibrating sensation in my jeans pocket. Removing my phone from my pocket, I hurriedly typed in my password before tapping on the message icon.

My heart stopped when I looked down at the text message from the unknown number.

Unknown

Don't think you can escape from me Imani, I will find you

Looking up from my phone I searched the small diner, praying silently that Mateo hadn't followed me.

I mean he couldn't have followed me right?

Buzz

I looked down at my phone once again. Holding in a small cry, I ripped my gaze away from the phone.

Unknown

I've got eyes on you princess, so don't think you've escaped now because when I fucking get my hands on you Imani, oh you don't want to know what's gonna happen to you.

Abruptly I stood up from the booth seat before quickly making my way towards the counter.

"You have a nice night now" she chirped handing me my food.

I gave her a tight smile before I speed walked out of the place, but what I failed to notice was the two men in black inside the diner staring after me.

After eating in my car, I continued the long drive to Wolf Creek, and as tiresome as the trip was I couldn't find the will to stop.

Fear and anxiety gave me the strength to continue the journey, I was scared out of my mind by the continuous texts I was receiving from Mateo.

Buzz

I eyed my phone on the passenger seat continuously while trying to keep an eye on the road.