Aftermath

Lifting his head from his arms, Matt looked at his rescuer and his breath caught rattly in his chest. Tears began to swell up and blur his vision, as it finally happened. Once again, aqua blue met stormy grey.

"D-Dom.." Matt choked, eyeing up the figure warily incase it was some aftereffect or figment of his vibrant imagination. Rushing forward, the figure buried his face in the crook of the younger boys neck and gripped him tight. He didn't want to let go ever again.
"Matt.." Dom sniffed, kissing the top of his messy hair and kneeling down, still holding the younger boy.
"I missed you.. so fucking much.." Matt cried, inhaling sharply between every happy sob. "How did you.."
"That doesn't matter. All that matters is I saved you, love." Dom mumbled, closing his eyes and savouring the precious moment. They stayed like that for a few more minutes, exchanging body heat and reuniting the bond they lost.

A commotion of rapid footsteps approached them. Chris' voice was the first to ring out of the large group, calling to Matt. He stopped in his tracks when his eyes rested upon the two boys sat on the floor with hands linked. A word left his mouth, disguised as a gasp, as he knelt down and squeezed Dom.
"Bud I thought we lost you.. Fuck.." he sniffed, unable to hold back the tears from slipping down his pale complexion. Dom hugged him tight, finally reunited with his childhood friend.
"I missed you so much too bud..!" Dom gasped, struggling to breathe through the massive bear hug he'd been tackled with. Chris loosened his grip and slapped his mate on the back with a big grin, letting Tom, Dominic and Morgan hug their friend for the first time after a long, stressful wait.

Standing back, they looked at each other, and then to the crumpled corpse of The Globalist in turn, and burst out laughing, joyfully and genuinely. The first time in a long time. After all, the war was over, they had all been reunited, and everyone was free.
Finally. Everything was at peace.

The End.