The Truth Hurts

"What do you mean a problem?" Dom said, a concerned tone beginning to creep into his voice.

Chris sighed and looked at Matt, who was still miraculously asleep.

"Matt... He's being hunted down. From what I gather, The Resistance has been trying to save him, but the reason he was kept with his mother in one of the more 'secure' cells, is because he knows too much. He might not remember half of it, but before his dad got taken away and killed by the government, he told Matt how to destroy the drones and bring the downfall of our handlers. They're scared that if we manage to get hold of the information.."

Chris paused and looked at Dom, faith shining in his eyes. "...We could end this stupid war."

Dom's heart burned with something he hadn't experienced in a while. Hope.

Hope for his future.

Hope for all humanity.

"But.." Chris said, returning to a sombre tone. "We'll need to protect Matt with our lives, okay? He seems to trust you Dom, so I need you to take care of him. For him. For all of us."

-

Matt stirred, his eyes flickering open as he let out a long yawn.

"Heya Matt!" Dom chirped, ruffling his hair and grinning.

"Why are you so cheerful? It's making me sick." Matt chucked. "Thank you for last night, you made me feel a lot better.." he smiled, blushing slightly, and going in to hug Dom. Dom seemed startled at first, but leaned into it and stroked the back of Matt's neck.

"It's okay, don't worry." Dom whispered. Matt pulled away and looked Dom in the eyes. Aqua blue met stormy grey.

"I heard what you were talking about last night. About me being hunted down." he sighed, tears beginning to well up in his pearly eyes. Dom sighed, before Matt continued.

"Why can't I just live a normal life Dom? I've lost everything. I just want to be free, free from this shitty world." His voice cracked as those words were forced out his throat.

Dom looked down, and back at Matt. And did something he probably shouldn't have.

He kissed Matt.