Caught

"A-AH!" Matt gasped as the cold water hit his face, sending a shiver down his spine. He poured the water on his head to try and wash the mop he calls hair, earning a squeal from him as some trickled down his back. He rummaged through the ransacked drawers to try and find a towel when he heard it.

Clunk.

Clunk.

Clunk.

Matt looked up from where he was searching and strained his ears.

Clunk.

Clunk.

CLUNK.

"Fuck..!" He cursed under his breath, his eyes flitting around to try and find a hiding spot. Whatever it was, it was coming closer. And that was probably a bad thing knowing Matt's "amazing" luck, and the state his town was in. Some sort of mechanical whirring was emitted from that... THING, as it slowly advanced on him. He quickly hid behind the shredded shower curtain, clutching a rusted pipe.

"AFFIRMATIVE, CHECKING STRUCTURE FOR HUMAN LIFE."

The voice was nasal and tinny, a sound that echoed through the broken house. Matt mustered up enough courage to peer through a crack in the door, and saw something that froze him up. A drone, scanning the area. Its eyes glowed a malicious blood-red colour, and it's body glistened in the hazy sunlight as it recorded information about the decrepit "home".

Seeing enough, Matt turned away from the door and leant against the shower wall. He exhaled sharply, but while doing so, an icy drop of water made it's way from the shower head to the crook of Matt's neck. He let out a rather high-pitched scream, and immediately regretted it.

"NEW SOUND WAVES ENCOUNTERED. APPROXIMATELY 3.4 FT FROM CURRENT LOCATION. INVESTIGATION UNDERWAY."

"Shit." Matt gasped. He inhaled, hoping to wait the thing off, but that wasn't happening. It crept into the bathroom, buzzing and whirring as it examined the place more closely this time. Matt squinted through a hole in the curtains. And his heart stopped.

There.

Right in front of him.

Was the drone.

Staring deep into his own eyes.