A New Introduction

Matt was taken to a van and watched as all the other rescue trucks departed. Matt's rescuer jumped in shortly after and sat in front of him.

"Told you I wasn't leaving you behind." the boy said, smiling and blowing his hair out of his eyes.

"T-thank you.." Matt croaked, trying to hide his tears.

"Hey, shh it's gonna be okay, alright?" his rescuer said, hugging him tightly. Matt gripped his shoulders, burying his head in the crook of the other boy's neck.

"See? You have me now. I know its hard in there... My name is Dominic, but everyone calls me Dom. And you?" Dom said, pulling away and casting a curious gaze at Matt.

"M-My name is Matthew, Matt for short." he said nervously, looking away and ruffling his already messy blue hair.

"Hmm Matt.. I like it." he giggled, making Matt smile through his tears.

-

"Lets have a look at that leg, shall we?" he said, pulling up what was left of Matt's trouser leg. Matt winced.

"Ouch, nasty cut. We'll get it cleaned up, don't worry Matt." he said, heading to the front of the van.

"We..?" Matt said, shooting a questioning gaze at Dom.

"Oh yeah! Whoops. Dude, come here!" he shouted to the van's cockpit.

"Yeah? What now Dom?" a voice called back, sounding rather fed up.

"Don't give me attitude young man, I said come here!" Dom huffed in a sing-song manner, making Matt chuckle.

-

"Ay'up, I'm here. Who's this? He one of the escapees?" a tall male with brown curly hair and warm, chocolate-coloured eyes asked, turning and looking at Matt.

"This is Matt, he's the one you saw hanging on to me for dear life as I ran out that fucking hell hole, and made you get the hell away from that god awful place.." Dom shivered. He just nodded, and turned to Matt.

"Hey, by the way I'm Chris! You okay? Any injuries?" he said, kneeling down next to Matt.

"J-Just my knee, its nothing much though.. I'm okay.." Matt said, wincing as Chris treated it.