Here come the Drones

A mechanical hand reached through the shower curtain, gripping Matt's throat and dragging him out. Matt desperately clawed at his neck, gulping for air and clobbering the drone with the rusty pipe.

"L-Let me g-go..!" He yelled between sharp breaths, resorting to kicking the drone's torso.

"TARGET AQUIRED, RETURNING TO BASE. OVER."

The drone's metallic voice echoed once again through the desolate halls of Matt's "home", as the small, blue haired boy, passed out in the robots hold.

-

Matt awoke what felt like a little while later, his hazy blue eyes fluttering open. He scratched his head and got up off the stone cold floor. Thinking for a bit about how the hell he ended up where he was, it struck him.

He was in the governments HQ, aka 'Home of the Drones'.

"Oh f-fuck!" he hissed under his breath, looking around and surveying the place. He was in what looks to be a cell, and it's definitely not a place for the claustrophobic. Pacing around, he tried to devise an escape plan.

The rusted iron door that barred across one side was close to breaking, but he decided it was impossible he could escape through it without making a racket. All walls were reinforced to the max, meaning there was no way in hell he was going to escape through them. After a few more minutes of pacing, his head finally drooped, and he gave in, defeated.

"Oh f-fuck.. I messed up real bad.." Matt sobbed, raking a hand through his spiked hair.

"They're gonna turn me into one of.. THEM.." he spat, wiping the tears from his pale face - which proved unsuccessful, as they just kept on coming.

"Matthew..?"

That voice.

"Dear Matthew!"

"..Mum..?"

He turned his head, and surely enough, his mother was sat in the cell opposite.

"Come here my baby!" she said, reaching out from her barred door to try and hold her sons hand.

"Mum.. Where were you..? When the.. THINGS came? I thought you were dead.. They caught me... I'm sorry.." he sobbed, letting his fingers interlock with his mothers.

"Shhh baby, you did good, don't worry. The Resistance will come soon, they'll help us!" she said, a hopeful energy in her sunken eyes.

"The what..?" Matt sniffed, wiping his tears away with the cuffs of his torn sweater.

"The Resist- hang on.." she paused as a burly guard hobbled up to her cell door.