Chapter Five:Scores,Interviews,Marvel,And Akon

THREE DAYS LATER-I've Been Avoiding Marvel And Peeta As Much As I Could,Not Wanting Any Confrontation.Tonight Was Our Interviews.I Went And Showered,Got Out,And Changed Into A Blue Shirt And Some Black Pants.I Left My Room And Went To The Main Room To See Akon,Finnick,Killy,Cullen,And Rosemary Sitting On The Couches."You're Here Just In Time To See Your Scores"Rosemary Said Excitedly.She Was Talking About Our Scores From A Few Days Ago.I Sat By Her Before Caesar Flickerman Anouncing The Scores.Marvel Got A 9,Glimmer Got An 8(Which Is A Little Hard To Believe But Then Again,She's Glimmer).Cato And Clove Both Got A 10.When Our District Came Up,It Showed Akon First.He Got A 6.Then My Picture Flashed On Screen."Angel Mays With A..."Caesar Stopped,Looking Baffled By My Score.That Can't Be Good."A 12"He Continued.I Nearly Choked On My Saliva At That.After A Few Minutes Of Contrats From The Others In The Room,I Turned My Attention Back To The Screen.Rue From District 11 Got A 7 While Thresh Got A 10.Peeta From District 12 Got A 8 While Katniss Got An 11.Wow.I Wonder What She Did To Get A Score One Number Lower Than Mine?"Looks Like Some Good Competition"Finnick Commented."Yeah"Rosemary Said.I Got Up And Went To My Room Where Cullen Stood.I Guess He Had Snuck Out During The Scores."Um,Hi?"I Said Causing Him To Turn Around."Hi,We Have To Get You Ready Darling!"He Said Before Taking My Arm And Dragging Me Into A Private Room Where My Styling Team Stood.They Then Started Bathing Me And Then They Curled My Hair,Did My Makeup,And Put My Dress On.When They Were Done,They Left While Cullen And I Stood In The Room Alone.My Eyes Were Glued To The Mirror.I Had Dark And Light Makeup On While My Dress Was Pouffy At The Waist.It Was Strapless And The Color Was A Sea Blue.I Also Had Sky-High Heels On That Were Open-Toed And Black."Oh My Gosh,Cullen!Thank You"I Said Throwing My Arms Around Cullen."You're Welcome,Now Go Have Fun"He Said.Fun?Yeah Right.I Let Go Of Him And Went Out The Door To Stand Where All Of The Other Tributes Stood."You Look Pretty"Akon Said."Thank You"I Said Smiling.Caesar Flickerman Went On Stage Getting Ready To Call Glimmer Up.When She Did,She Played The Sexy Card.Marvel Went Up After Her And I Couldn't Help But Be Interested When Caesar Asked This.

"So,Do You Have A Special Girl?"Caesar Asked.Marvel Nodded.What?"Well,If You Win And Go Back Home,She'll Have To Go Out With You,Right?"Caesar Said."Well,No"Marvel Said."Why Not?"Caesar Asked."Because She Isn't Back Home,She Isn't Even In My District.She's A Tribute"Marvel Said Before His Time Was Up.Who Is It?Me?Maybe,But Most Likely He Likes Glimmer.Well,It Can't Be Glimmer Because He Said The Girl Wasn't Even From His District.Maybe It's Clove Or Even Foxface(Katniss Had Taught Me To Call The District 5 Girl That).Clove And Cato Went Up,Clove Playing The Sweet But Sarcastic Card While Cato Was His Self.As In He Was Talking About How He's Ok With Killing Others.District 3 Went Up.Then It Was My Turn.I Went Out And There Were More Claps Than I Had Expected.I Sat Down As Caesar Started Talking."Don't You Look Stunning"Caesar Said."So Do You!Love The Blue Hair"I Said.You Could Tell He Was Happy For A Compliment."So,Angel.What's It Like Being In The Hunger Games?"Caesar Asked."It's Different But I'm Accepting It"I Told The Truth."Well,You Got A Perfect Score!How About That?"Caesar Talked About My 12."It's More Than I Thought I'd Get"I Said Smiling."So,Do You Have A Boy You Like Back At Home?"Caesar Asked."Well,No.I Have Three Guys In The Games That I Like But Only Two Have Showed Interest In Me.That Third One Is Still Undecided"I Said Talking About Marvel,Peeta,And Cato."Well,Who Are They?"Caesar Asked."You'll Have To Figure That Out During The Games"I Said.Then My Time Was Up.I Left With Butterflies Still In My Stomach.It Was Boring Until Peeta Went Up.He Proclaimed His Love For Katniss.Even Though He Said He Liked Me.Well,Kind Of.I Mean,He Did KISS ME!Tears Stung My Eyes As I Ran To The Elevator.Once On My Floor,I Ran To My Room.I Slammed The Door Shut And Laid On My Bed.I Curled Up Into A Ball While Sobbing.I Heard My Door Open And Close And I Felt Someone Sit On The Bed.I Expected Akon Or Cullen Or Even Finnick.But It Was Marvel.

"Rough Night?"He Asked Taking My Hand In His And Stroking It With His Thumb."Yeah"I Whispered."Did You Mean It?"I Asked."Mean What?"He Asked."Did You Mean That You Like Me"I Said."Yes,And The Girl I Was Talking About On Stage Was You"He Said Before Leaning In.I Sat Up And Started Doing The Same.Our Lips Met And We Kissed And Kissed Until We Had To Breathe."I Love You"He Whispered.He Started Leaning In Again Until I Got Up And Went To The Window."What?"He Asked Coming To Stand By Me."We Shouldn't Be Doing This"I Said Not Looking At Him."Why Not?"He Asked."Because We're Going Into The Games Tomorrow!There's No Room For Love"I Said."But..."Marvel Started Before I Looked At Him."STOP MAKING IT HARDER ON ME!!!!!I LOVE YOU BUT I CAN'T LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!JUST LEAVE!!!!!"I Yelled.Marvel Looked Down Before Leaving.I Went To The Bathroom And Showered,Still Crying.I Got Out,Changed Into A Night Gown,And Got In Bed.A Few Hours After Falling Asleep,I Was Woken Up By Knocking On My Door.I Saw It Was 1 A.M. In The Morning,Meaning It Was Only A Couple Of Hours Before The Games.I Got Up And Opened The Door.It Was Akon."Can I Come In?"He Asked.I Nodded Before He Came In.I Shut The Door And We Sat On The Bed."What's Wrong?"I Asked."I Had A Nightmare That Cato Killed Me"He Said."But He Hasn't"I Said.Yet."Can You Promise Me Something?"Akon Asked."I Need To Know The Promise Before I Commit"I Said."Promise Me You'll Keep Me Safe.I Don't Stand A Chance In These Games"He Said Close To Tears."I Promise"I Promised,Instantly Regretting It.Not Only Do I Have To Keep Myself Safe And Sound But Now Him.This Isn't Good.After An Hour Of Talking He Fell Asleep.I Got Up,Put Him Under The Covers,And Got On The Floor To Sleep.Within Minutes,I Was Asleep