Chapter One:The Reaping,The Train,And Finnick

Angel's P.O.V.-I Woke Up To Crying.I Felt My Younger Sister,Lilac,Tug At My Dress."Angel!Wake Up!"I Heard Her Strangled Cries.My Eyes Snapped Open And I Quickly Took The Shaking Girl Into My Arms."I Dreamt I Was Picked!"She Said."Lilac,It Was Just A Dream.They Won't Pick You"I Tried Comforting Her.But I Knew It Wouldn't Help.She's 12 Now,Meaning Her Name Is In For The Reaping.Which Is Today."Please,Don't Let Them Take Me!"She Cried."I Won't.I'll Never Let Them Take You"I Whispered To Her.I Comforted Her And Before Long She Was Sound Asleep.I Gently Layed Her Into Her Small And Creaky Bed.I Got Up,Changed,And Braided My Dark Brown Hair Off To My Right Side.I Grabbed My Shoes,Slipped Them On,And Left My Mother And Lilac.I Ran Out Into The Street,Saying Hi To A Few People.Well,I Actually Said Hi To Everyone,Since District 4 Is Such A Small Town.I Went To The Small Market To See My Best Friend,Collin."Hi,Collin"I Said Once I Saw His Blonde Hair And Green Eyes."Hello Angel!Fish?"He Asked Giving Me A Wrapped Item That Held A Few Pieces Of Fish That He Most Likely Caught."Thanks!I'll Save It For After The Reaping"I Said."Oh Yeah!And,May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!"He Said In A Capitol Accent Which Makes Me Laugh."Lilac Is So Worried She'll Be Picked"I Quietly Said."Well,How About This.After The Reaping,I Come Over And Bring A Little More Fish!Tell Her And Maybe That Will Cheer Her Up And Help Her Not Be Nervous"He Said."You've Done So Much..."I Started Before He Cut Me Off."Don't Mention It!"He Said."But..."I Started Before Being Cut Off Again."Don't Make Me Cut Out Your Tongue"He Said Talking About The Capitol's Cruel Way Of Punishment For Being A Traitor."Ok!I Gotta Go!See You Later!"I Said Leaving.Once I Got Back To My House,I Went Inside,And Set The Fish Down.I Then Bathed In A Small Tub Of Water.After That,I Got Dressed In A White Dress That Used To Be My Mother's."You Look Beautiful"My Mother Said While I Side Braided My Hair."Thanks"I Said.I Sat Down With Lilac And Started To Do Her Hair."Lilac,Collin Is Coming Over After The Reaping For Dinner"I Told Lilac While Braiding Her Blonde Hair Into Two Braids."Yay!"She Said And I Knew Her Blue Eyes Were Shining.She Kind Of Has A Little Crush On Collin.I Finished Her Hair And Got Up."Let's Go"I Said After Slipping My Shoes On.

Once At The Town Square,Lilac And I Got Our Fingers Pricked.After We Were All Gathered In Our Age Groups,Our District's Escort,Rosemary Laviette,Started To Talk About What An Honor It Was To Be Here And Blah Blah Blah.Then,A Video Was Shown Talking About Why They Do The Hunger Games.It's Punishment For A Rebellion Long Ago And How North America Became Panem."Ok!Ladies First!"She Said Before Taking A Name Out Of The Glass Ball That Held The Girl's Names."Angel Mays"She Said.What?Not Me!"NO!!!"I Heard Lilac Yell Behind Me.I Started To Make My Way Up To The Stage While Trying To Keep My Eyes From Getting Teary.Once Up On The Stage,I Saw Lilac Being Held Back By Collin."And Now For The Boys"Rosemary Said Before Getting A Name From The Other Ball."Akon Marians"She Said Into The Microphone.A Boy That Had Curly Hair And Looked Like He Was Lilac's Age,Started Making His Way Up To The Stage.He Got Up On The Stage And Came To Stand By Rosemary And I."Now Shake Hands"Rosemary Said.Akon And I Did So Before Turning Back To The Audience."Our Tributes Angel Mays And Akon Marians!"Rosemary Said While Clapping.No One Else Did.Then,Collin Kissed His Three Middle Fingers On His Left Hand And Held Them Out To Us.Then Everyone Did.It's A Gesture Meaning Goodbye To Someone You Love.

We Were Then Taken To Separate Rooms To Say Goodbye To Family And Friends.My Mother And Lilac Were The First Ones To Come In."Angel!"Lilac Yelled Hugging Me."Hey"I Said Hugging Back."Please Win!"She Pleaded."I Will For You.I Promise"I Said Looking Her In The Eye."Here"She Said Giving Me A Bracelet With A Fish Charm On It."I Made It For You.Wear It As The District Token"She Said."I Will.Thank You"I Said Kissing Her Forehead.I Then Walked Over To Our Mother."Take Care Of Her And Yourself.Dad's Dead And I'm Not Gonna Be Here To Help"I Told Her."I Will.I Love You"She Said Hugging Me.Then,Two Men In White Suits Came In And Told Us Time Was Up."NO!!!"Lilac Yelled Hugging Onto Me Before One Of The Men In The White Suits Took Her Off Me And Escorted My Mother And Lilac Out.The Door Slammed Shut And I Was Alone.Collin Came In Shortly After,Though."Collin!I Can't Do This!"I Gasped Hugging Him."You'll Be Ok!You're Good With Being Fast And You Can Throw Far"He Said Looking At Me."There's 24 Of Us And Only One Comes Out"I Said."Yeah,And That's Going To Be You!I'll Make Sure Lilac And Your Mother Are Well Fed"He Said."Thank You!I..."I Started Before The Two Men In White Came In And Told Us It Was Time To Go."Good Luck!"He Said Before He Was Pulled Out And I Was Escorted To A Car With Rosemary And Akon."You're Going To Love The Capitol!It's Too Bad You Only Get To Stay For A Short Time"Rosemary Started Before I Tuned Her Out.Before I Knew It,We Were At The Small Train Station.

We Got Out Of The Car And Went Inside The Train.It Was So Different Than What I'm Use To.There Was Food,Drinks,And Much More On The Tables.Bright Colors,Hi-Tech Gadgets,And Much Much More."Let Me Go Find Your Mentor,Finnick"Rosemary Said Before Leaving.Akon And I Both Sat On The Couch In Silence.Finnick.That Name Sounds So Familar.A Few Minutes Passed Before Rosemary And A Tall Man With Tan Skin,Bronze Hair,And Sea Green Eyes Came In."This Is Your Mentor,Finnick"Rosemary Said."Hello!So,I Have One Thing To Say.Don't Die"Finnick Said Sending A Wink My Way.Ugh.Now I Remember Him.I've Seen Him At The Victors Village When I Would Pass By.He's The Only One There,Considering He's The Only One From District 4 Who's Ever Won The Hunger Games.I Scoffed While Akon Remained Silent And Kept His Head Down."So,Um,Let's Watch The Reapings!"Rosemary Said.Rosemary And Finnick Sat Down Before The Replay Of All The Reapings Came On.

District 1 Was A Girl Named Glimmer.She Was Pretty And She Looked Like She Could Manipulate You Into Trusting Her And Then?She Kills You.The Boy Was Named Marvel And Let Me Say,He Was Cute!Wait!I Can't Like Him!There's No Room For Love In The Hunger Games!District 2 Was A Girl Named Clove.She Was The Opposite Of Glimmer.She Looked Deadly.Very Deadly.The Boy Was Named Cato And He Was Cute Too.No Love,Angel!District 3 Didn't Interest Me.Then,Our District Came Up.I Looked Bored While Going Up To The Stage.Exactly What I Had Hoped.Akon Looked Slightly Nervous While Coming Up To The Stage.No More Districts Were Worth Mentioning Until District 11.District 11 Was A Girl Named Rue.She Looked 12 And She Had Dark Skin,Hair,And Eyes.The Boy Was Named Thresh And He Looked Deadly But Also Like He Didn't Care About Anything.He Had Dark Skin,Hair,And Eyes,Just Like Rue,But You Could Tell They Weren't Related.District 12 Was What Stood Out The Most.A 12 Year Old Girl Named Primrose Everdeen Was Called.She Looked So Much Like Lilac.Then,A Girl With Dark Brown Hair And Grey Eyes Stepped Out And Yelled,"I Volunteer!I Volunteer As Tribute!".Wow.So Brave.She Was Katniss Everdeen And Primrose Was Her Sister.The Boy Tribute Was Named Peeta And He Was Also Very Cute.After That,The Reapings Were Over.We Were Then Shown To Our Rooms And Left Alone For The Night.I Showered(First Time Ever Taking An Actual Shower)And Changed Into A Blue Gown Made Of Silk.I Got Under The Covers And Went To Sleep.