"We shall." She says, taking my hand and I smile as we walk together.

-

"Why are we on the roof, Tobin?" I ask, as Tobin walks over to a little picnic set up near the edge.

"Because that picnic is for us." Tobin says and I smile.

"Did you plan this?" I ask and she sighs.

"Honestly, no, Amy came into the room, said for me to get a shower, that she set up a date for us because I hadn't done anything for your birthday, and you took me to see my family on mine." Tobin says and I smile, turning her to face me.

"I didn't expect anything for my birthday, we had a game that day, and a win was the most I could've asked for, you know, besides getting to spend time with my girlfriend and my amazing friends in the national team. And I got all three of those." I say and Tobin sighs.

"Babe?" She asks as we sit down, looking out at the city.

"Yes?" I ask as we eat.

"What if we don't win this year like we did in 2015?" Tobin asks and I shrug.

"That's not going to happen, I'd have to be removed from the U.S. Soccer Federation in order for me to not get us that fourth star."

"Why are you so determined to get that star?" Tobin asks and I shrug.

"I played 10 collective minutes the entire 2015 World Cup, babe, and now that Jill trusts me enough to start, and even play full games, I want to prove to her, to the world, and to myself that Jill made the right choice in allowing me to get more playing time this time around,"

"Prove to yourself?" Tobin asks and I sigh, nodding.

"In high school, my sophomore year,  while all that nasty shit was happening, I fucked up my hip, and I gave up. I just gave everything up, I didn't think I'd be ready for the pitch before the following season, I was about to get rid of my cleats for good and get into accounting, but Karen and my teammates sat me down for a talk, an intervention. Everyone said that they saw me earning our country a world cup when I was older. I owe my soccer career to them, and I want to win this trophy for you, for Hope, Abby, everyone who retired in 2015, for the current roster, for the nation, for all the kids that look up to us. I want to win this to show myself that I can do something this big, something this important. Achieve something I could only ever dream of, growing up and watching Abby, Boxxy, Mia, all of those, I could only look at my parents and say 'I wish.' to them as I grew up, watching all of those World Cups, won or lost, I could only look at them from the TV and wish, but if we win this tournament this year and I had a major part in that, I could look myself in the mirror and say 'I did.' And that's all I've ever wanted, to be satisfied with myself and what I've done in my lifetime." I say and look at Tobin to see her just staring at me. "What?" I ask and Tobin smiles softly at me.

"I love seeing you when you're passionate about things." Tobin says and I roll my eyes, eating the last strawberries.

"You're so cheesy, Heath." I say looking at her, smiling when I see that she's still staring at me.

"I love you." Tobin says, leaning toward me and I smile, leaning toward her, pressing my forehead to hers.

"I love you too."

-

In the morning, I groan as I wake up to Ash assaulting me with a pillow.

"Wake up! You slept through breakfast!" She shouts and I grumble, grabbing the pillow, yanking it from her grasp and smacking her with it, opening my eyes to see her sitting on the her bed staring at me. "Ow." She says and I sigh, getting out of bed, popping my back in the process.