21 | love

21 | LOVE

Fall, 1978

Fall, 1978.
Michael had finally made it big as a singer— just as he had hoped. Big Trouble was slowly growing in fame as their notability in the Bronx and Queens spread throughout New York. Their originality producing records and performing the Get Down while on stage was clearing a path to fame for them. Mylene had her big breakthrough as a singer too, though she was having her own complications because of her father. And The Get Down Brothers were conquering neighborhoods to grow their kingdom in the Bronx.

Valentina fumbled her fingers anxiously as she intently watched Michael be interviewed on live television. Valentina felt quite uneasy, for all of the eyes of the men in the building were on her. She was still in costume from her live performance she performed earlier at a gig Jahil got for Big Trouble.

The interview went by fairly quickly, and soon enough, Michael had Val in his arms once again. "Think I did good?" Michael asked.

Valentina nodded eagerly. "When you going to drop the album?" Val inquired, wondering why he had such a delay recently to release it.

Michael pulled Valentina aside when he noticed curious eyes looking over at the couple and beginning to listen into their conversation. The album release date was confidential at that moment and his fans were itching to know when it would come out.

"I'll drop it when I finish it." Michael whispered over to Valentina.

Valentina knitted her brows together. "You haven't finished it? But you've released three singles off of it so far?" Valentina gasped.

Michael cringed. "I know. I know. But it's because, I've been waiting..." Michael sighed.

"Waiting for what? You know how big you gonna get once you release it?!" Valentina clasped her hands together and looked up at Michael proudly.

Michael smiled sweetly down at Valentina. "I've been waiting to ask you if you'd make a song with me? It's be a lot more personal if you'd write it, since all my other songs were written by other songwriters." Michael cupped his hands on her face.

Valentina's eyes lit up joyfully. "Hell yeah! Ooooo, we gotta make a music video like all them singers are doing now!" Valentina whisper-shrieked, excited for the new project.

"Anything for you." Michael felt like he was melting as he gazed down on Valentina. His love for her had only grown since they began dating, and he wanted to be so close with her. It was as if he had an obsession with her —like the females in a romance movies— and it was becoming an uncontrollable addiction that he couldn't control.

"I love you." Michael felt the three dangerous words slip past his lips. The two hadn't spoken those words to each other, ever. And although they both knew that they felt that way for one another, by verbally admitting it— it added a whole new, sappy and sweet layer of affection to their relationship.

"I love you, too." Valentina beamed up at Michael. Michael leaned down and lovingly placed a soft kiss on her plump lips to seal their quick confessions they had shared to each other.