A Gentleman's Guide to Hooking Up

Title: A Gentleman's Guide to Hooking Up
Author: rainbowbrook

Casual sex is harder than it seems.
In order to keep it safe, both emotionally and physically, Jake comes up with a set of rules.

My Opinion:

i can't even deny i'm obsessed with christine's writing because it's reached the point of obsession where i just reread chapters i finished reading only a few minutes before. so ages ago when i finished kitep (probably for the millionth time), i didn't wanna stop reading about these amazing characters so i started reading 'A Gentleman's Guide to Hooking up' bc if you've read kitep and kaon then you love Jake (and Dylan) obviously, so i was like hell yeh more bonding time with my babies. but it wasn't finished at that time (ive been around for long now as you can tell), but after reviewing 'Kisses and Other Necessities' (scroll one chapter back), i clicked into Christine's profile and proceeded to reread the beginning and finish 'A Gentleman's Guide to Hooking up'. i don't know how she works her magic, but even in her short story supposedly only about sex, christine conveys an important message; everyone's opinions on life are different, and none of them are wrong. slut shaming is stupid and stereotypes can fuck off. it's all stuff we already know, but society needs to be reminded often.

it's a short book and really sweet. it's got a different format, but the detailed and beautiful writing is still the same. i loved the chinese stories and culture so so much in this book that after reading the stories in the book i properly researched them in detail and i've officially become a fan!

you can read this as a stand alone but like why would you knowingly miss out on the other books ya idiot (kidding... psych im just being false-polite, you're silly for not reading the other two books). click to re-meet some of the characters from KITEP (and kaon) and get to know about characters we don't meet often in more detail. you'll love Jess' fiery attitude (it's inspiring) and her sister's even more feisty tongue lol!

enjoy this light and short but very enjoyable book!