Of Our Dark Reflections

It began only 7 months into their mission, a few days after their departing from the last Klingon colony. It was quite sudden that the Captain fell ill and had to be confined in quarantine quarters behind the doors of Sickbay.

Commander Kirk took command for as long as his Captain was in such a state.

"It's some sort of self-induced coma, probably got something to do with that Vulcan voodoo shit. Still hear him in your mind, Commander?" the doctor asked after a full examination.

"His mind is too far gone from consciousness, it feels like he is in some other dimension." Spock replied.

McCoy raised an eyebrow. "Is such a thing even possible?"

"Various national Klingon flowers are capable of inducing coma, but only one specific flower can induce one as heavy as this one." Shanak told. "That flower is sacred and grows in dilithium crystal caves. It is capable of transporting one's mind into a different universe where they are able to learn of alternations."

"So... the hobgoblin's mind has gone to a different universe?" the country doctor asked.

The Mind Healer nodded. "Indeed. As the flower he received was mildly strong, I suspect he will be in this state for approximately 8 hours, 42 minutes and 27.3 seconds."

Jim sighed. "Well, we'll have to wait until he wakes up then."

*//*

He was very dizzy and he knew he wasn't in his own bed. This bed was much softer. Also, there was a head on his chest.

The blue eyed Vulcan looked down to see the peaceful face of his husband... no, not his, but another counterpart. His Spock didn't have a beard, neither did he himself have one, but in this strange world he did!

He detangled himself from the figure that was his husband in this world and stood up to find the bathroom, which was in the appropriate place on board a Sovereign-class Heavy Explorer. Apparently, he was the Captain of that beautiful baby.

Shinat found a mirror to look at his reflection. And what he saw, was a shock to him.

There was a scar on his right eye, a sword slash diagonal from the middle of his fore head to the middle of his right cheek. Multiple scars adorned his upper chest and lower arms and a long gash on his left side was healing. His hair was long, falling down in waves over his shoulders and reaching a quarter on his back. And then the facial hair, it was thick and black and covered every inch of skin below his nose except for the skin that was 0,0 to 0,7 centimeters below his bottom lip.

It was strange to see himself like this, completely different from what he was used to see.

Then again, this was some parallel universe where he lived like this. How interesting...

Aside from his alternate appearance, he saw the symbol of Earth with a sword going down from above as a graffiti painting on the wall.

'I need to find out how long I am going to be in here, universal alternations can be a very bad thing...'

Back in the bedroom, the alarm clock went off to awake the Spock of this universe.

The bed still felt warm, so his mate was still around. Light entered the bedroom from the bathroom, which meant the Captain was in there.

Spock shut off the alarm and rose up, making his way to the closet. He laid out his husband's duty uniform before entering the bathroom himself.

The man he married was taking care of his personal hygiene, brushing his teeth and washing away the worry of his face. It was the usual morning ritual.