First Mission

Two years went by quicker than expected, and before Spock knew he was already engaged to the other Vulcan in Starfleet, his only friend and the only person he loved.

Shinat was a handsome man, something that hadn't gotten unnoticed around the Academy. After all, Vulcans were often physically appealing to the human eye.

The younger Vulcan had gained those sexual attentions too before he got engaged, but it was even worse for the other.

The pure Vulcan's mystical azure eyes were to drown in, making every girl and guy swoon, even the girls who were lesbian and the guys who were as straight as an arrow. But he'd chosen not to act on it and only divided his attention between Spock and his studies like a devoted mate. So the proposition didn't come as a surprise to the friends they made.

Shinat planned it all, the place, the time, the ring... everything involved.

It had been done the evening before graduation day, at the beach of San Francisco bay underneath the bright stars around midnight. The elder Vulcan had prepared his small speech and had ordered a custom made ring especially reserved for Spock's relatively simple taste but still up to standard for the son of an Ambassador.

The ring had been simply silver, not too thin and not too thick, engraved on the inside with old Vulcan symbols representing love, dedication, faithfulness, fertility and a deep connection. On the outside, there were small sapphires and embers that made it elegant and up to standard for Spock's ancestry. After all, Spock was one of the few last living descendants of Surak and the first Ambassadors.

Spock had accepted without hesitation, allowing his lover to slip on the ring.

**//**

Scotty had been the first to hear it, and was also asked to be Shinat's best man at wedding, which he gladly accepted.

At the Academy, the proposal spread like wild fire. Within the hour Scotty had been told, the whole school knew about the new engagement. The Admiralty no exception.

Captain Barnett had congratulated both young men and the Admiralty didn't oppose to the marriage since Shinat would be gone for a few years anyway, he would not teach on the Academy but in London.

**//**

The teaching institution in London was a big success.

There were not many people actually interested in the psychology so many were only there to get their medical license. Yet somehow, Shinat brought the subject very well to the students and gained their interests, the very reason results increased.

It was a big accomplishment for the blue-eyed Vulcan, it gained him respect from the other teachers, also from those who were homophobic and xenophobic. It gave him the reputation of being fearless, being able to draw many students to the subject and teach them each on their own level so no one would be bored.

Shinat was there for 2 years before he returned to San Francisco, to his fiancé. The wedding was three months later, on a hot summer day.

Lady Amanda had arranged the venue and the look of everything itself where Sarek had taken care of the guest list. Important people had been on it, High ranked Vulcans, Ambassadors from other planets and Admirals. But also those who were their friends and connections from the Academy, like Montgomery Scott, Philip Olsen, Captain Barnett and Captain Pike.

The day itself had been perfect as well, both Vulcans dressed in their formal dress uniforms to their rank respectively.

Scotty's best man's speech had been the only one he'd ever given while sober, wishing his best friend the best of times in his new life.