Crew of the U.S.S. Surak

The Admirals had assembled in the conference room.

Today was the day that the U.S.S. Surak, the newest United Federation flagship, would be launched into space for their first mission, a short one of diplomacy at the border of Klingon space with Vulcan space.

Captain Shinat stood before the Admiralty, his list of crewmembers had to be approved off as he had chosen quite some students to serve aboard his ship.

Admiral Barnett looked the Vulcan in the eye. "You understand you are responsible for them to finish their school tracks?"

"I take full responsibility." the blue-eyed Vulcan replied.

"Last question, who will you assign in which position?"

The cornor of his mouth went up, a smirk now playing on his lips. "Cadet T'Leia as my chief communications officer, cadet Sopek as Ensign in Engineering, cadet Sadzick as Ensign in Engineering, cadet Uhura as communications officer, cadet Kirk as my Chief Tactical Officer, cadet McCoy as my Chief Medical Officer, cadet Chekov as my navigator and cadet Sulu as my Helmsman."

"Translation, you want them as your bridge crew?" Pike asked, eyebrow raised. He had recently been assigned a place of honor on the Admiral council.

"Most of them are already my family, and the others feel like family. And family is exactly what a ship crew should be." he stood stiff before the council, but he was unafraid.

"I take it you will keep your Romulan officers on board?"

"My ship will be unable to function without them."

"Very well, we'll inform the chosen cadets of their position on board your ship."

**//**

James Tiberius Kirk was amazed by the ship.

At first sight, the sight alone already impressed and warned people to stay away. After all, the ship was of Romulan design and made especially for peaceful missions for the Federation.

Bones's eyes were wide. "Damn! That ship is huge!"

A middle aged man in Operations red waved at them, he looked like an eccentric man. He had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. "Welcome aboard lads! I hope ye like it so far."

Jim smiled. "Professor.. I mean, Captain Shinat already told me about this ship. But seeing it in real life... it brings it all to visual reality. I just can't wait to see the bridge!"

"Ta! Ye must be James Kirk, the Capt'n can't shut up about your abilities."

The blonde grinned. "High praise from a Vulcan!"

"Ye can say that! Oh, I'm Montgomery Scott, yet ma friends call me Scotty. I'm Chief Engineer of this beautiful lass." the man was very friendly.

"Nice to meet you Scotty."

"I trust on you to keep the engineering injuries low." the doctor scowled.

"Ah! Then ye are Leonard McCoy, CMO right? Ya grumpy doctor!"

"I'm not grumpy!"

The tactical officer was giggling behind his hand, his best friend was such a joker.

"Tha Capt'n said so."

Bones grunted, before he yelled: "That pointy-eared green-blooded hobgoblin!"

**//**

"What is it with the doctor?" T'Leia asked, raising her eyebrow at the reaction of the middle aged man in science blue.

The two females near her side, Nyota Uhura and Christine Chapel, giggled.

"Just McCoy being his usual self, being an overworked mother hen."

"The man is neither female neither fowl."

It made the two laugh even more.

"Please! It's an expression!"

The Chief communications officer raised her eyebrow again. 'Illogical humans.'

**//**

Shinat looked at peace as the large ship drifted away from the docking bay. "Crew, is everything in order for departure?"

"Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, Sir." the pilot, Hikaru Sulu, answered.

"Weapons systems and shields on standby. Course laid in." the young navigator Pavel Chekov replied.

T'Leia turned her chair around before reporting. "Dock control reports ready. Yard Command signaling clear."

The captain pressed a button. "Lieutenant-Commander Scott, how are we?"

"Dilithium chamber at maximum efficiency, Captain." was spoken over the com link.

"All systems are functioning optimal." Jim reported.

The Vulcan in command nodded. "Lieutenant, engage thrusters."

"Aye, Sir!"

And not much seconds later, the Romulan Vastam-class Federation ship carrying the most fitting name: U.S.S. Surak, ventured into space for its maiden voyage.

***////***

sa-telsu = husband

kaifo = husband