Solving Family Trouble Forever

Cadet Nyota Uhura was an African girl from Kenya, descending from 16th and 17th century East African nobles. She was used to get what she wanted and didn't really take no for an answer. The dark skinned woman was clever and attractive, she knew that, which she used to her advantage if she deemed it necessary.

So the moment Nyota laid eyes on her Vulcan xenolinguistics instructor, she knew she wanted him.

But to her dread, the man was married to the other Vulcan Professor on the Academy.

Professor Shinat, if she remembered it correctly, a very manly man no one would immediately label as a type to be, in Vulcan, sa-ka-ashausu.

Then there was the biological rule for Vulcans, they mated for life and could only take another when their mate either died or became a priest.

That had been the moment she gave up trying to hit on the professor, though she couldn't deny the attractive aura the Vulcan radiated from his person.

**//**

3rd of November 2255, Starfleet Academy

Nyota didn't look up when someone sat down next to her, she was rather busy with her own work which was laying on her table.

Then an unfamiliar voice spoke to her. "You must be Nyota Uhura, one of the more talented linguists."

The dark skinned woman looked up, only to find a Vulcan woman sitting next to her.

Her aura was regal, as if she was a princess. A pair of silver earrings adorned her pointy ears, the earrings engraved with Old Vulcan symbols.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember that I've seen you before."

A soft smile came on the Vulcan woman's face. "I am here since the 1st of September, I have only recently decided to follow my brother and enlist into Starfleet."

Uhura raised her eyebrow at that. "Your brother?"

"Yes, you probably know him as Captain Shinat, one of the tactical professors. He inspired half of the family to join." kind dark brown eyes stared into her own. "I apologize, I have not yet introduced myself. My name is T'Leia, it is nice to meet you." and she held up her hand in the ta'al.

The 2nd year communications cadet returned the gesture. "Likewise, Lady T'Leia."

"It is good to meet someone who is aware of our customs."

"This class has first handed experience."

"I am aware of what Spock teaches, after all, he is mated to my brother."

**//**

17th of November 2255, Starfleet Academy

During his office hours after classes, Shinat received a transmission from Sarek.

'Shinat,

I have received word from your mother Lady T'Arvot that Stalak has taken a shuttle away from Vulcan, possibly to Earth with the motive of taking back what is his. I am aware miss T'Leia has no intentions of returning to Vulcan with her ex-mate, but from the things I have heard, Stalak is on a war path and will destroy anyone standing in his way of taking back his mate. I wish you to be aware of this fact so you are able to prevent this situation.

Live long and prosper,

Ambassador Sarek'

The message was rather upsetting. If what Sarek said was true, T'Leia was in grave danger.