Epilogue

Starfleet Command, year 2176

It had been years since his commission as Captain of the USS Surak, which had passed down to his First Officer James Tiberius Kirk. After the mission, he accepted a Vice Admiral position in the tactical department as well as a teaching institution at the Academy.

His husband had gone with Kirk into space for 5 more years, exploring a whole lot of new civilizations on their way to warp technology and had various close-call situations with both Klingons and Romulans.

That mission had ended in 2168, 8 years ago.

And now, the old crew was together again to mourn the death of Security Chief Giotto, who died in line of duty.

"Chief Paul Giotto was a brave man, one we can never forget. He died protecting Captain Sulu, something that is seen as an honorable sacrifice on my home world. His soul will find the others who died before him, and may he find peace in his death."

Shinat stepped down the speech block, being awaited by the sound of fellow officers clapping for his speech.

"You did well, ashayam." Spock said, who stood beside their now 12 year old daughter.

T'Via had been created in between the relaunch of the Surak, and born when Spock was almost one year back into space as First Officer for Captain Kirk.

The blue-eyed Vulcan had raised her for 4 years alone before his husband got back.

Their sons were in Starfleet Academy now: Shath was following in Spock's footsteps by following a broad Science program and majoring in geology, Scorus was on a 3-year track for Engineering and Selden was on the same Command track Shinat had followed.

Then, the Vice Admiral looked at his sister T'Leia, who was now a full Commander.

The Vulcan woman had married her love Scotty only 3 years ago, after reuniting from their separate missions. They had two children now: Alasdair and Evina, who were currently in Montgomery's home town of Aberdeen in Scotland.

"Commander Giotto died far too premature, he had a life ahead of him. I fear that many more will die before their time comes, and that we have to say goodbye to our friends." Shinat told.

"We shall have to, as we live far longer than our human friends." Spock said.

"It is illogical, I know. But I would rather not say goodbye so soon to everybody."

"Our counterparts had to also."

"Yes, I know. And they are with them now."

Spock's counterpart had died in the last month of their 5 year mission, recalling the crew of the Surak for the funeral on Vulcan.

"At least they are at peace."

**////**

This story has come to an end now, I hope you enjoyed it.