Vulcans and Romulans, A Family of their Own

The Academic year had ended days ago, just the day that Captain Shinat received an invitation from the Romulan Council to spend a part of the summer on Romulus.

As logical as he was, the Starfleet Captain accepted and left with his mate and son for Romulus. Only to be welcomed by the Praetor himself.

Several Romulan women were delighted to see Shath coming off the ship, as they were childless and loved taking care of other people's children.

The tactician received fighting lessons in the Romulan arts while Spock killed his time in the largest library in Krocton Segment, the Capital City of Romulus.

**//**

16th of June 2255

Shinat stood before a window in the Romulan Senate building, looking out over Kocton Segment with the sun just set. He was dressed in traditional Vulcan robes.

The city itself was very beautiful at sunset, but far cooler than Vulcan atmosphere.

The doors of the room opened up, a pair of guards entered. "Captain Shinat, the Praetor is ready to receive you."

"Lead the way." the Starfleet officer replied as he turned around, following the Romulan guards to the council rooms.

The Senate was waiting, the Praetor in the center of the half circle. All of them rose from their seats as the Vulcan strode into the room, greeting him with the Romulan salute.

"Captain Shinat of Vulcan, you honor us with your presence." the Praetor spoke. "My name is Nnerhin Ra'tleihfi Sahen, Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire."

"Greetings, Praetor Nnerhin of the Romulan Star Empire." the blue-eyed male spoke, returning the Romulan salute. "I am honored to be here in your presences."

The Senators sat down, only the Praetor was still standing.

"In the days you have been here, both you and your mate have respected our ways of living and adapted to our customs. We shall also thank you for searching peace with our Empire, you shall be given a gift a true Captain of your standard deserves."

"I am honored." the Vulcan said.

"Guards, lead the Starfleet Captain to our shipyard, bay A1 Alpha priority quadrant."

*//*

Nnerhin walked with him to the shipyard.

"You have constructed a ship for me?" Shinat asked, one of his black slanted eyebrows raised up almost to his hairline.

"The Federation wished to give you a ship of your own, but it had to fit your peaceful personality and origin and still be fit as a battleship. Our best designers have worked hard on the outside and inside, I hope it pleases you." the Praetor answered.

"I have no doubt it shall. I take it the Federation knows the class and has registered the ship as a Federation ship?" the Vulcan asked.

The Romulan nodded. "As soon as the designs were ready. Ah, we're here."

The elevator stopped, and the iron doors slid open.

The blue-eyed male was greeted by the sight of a ship that was a Romulan Vastam-class Command Battlecruiser, a very large, technological advanced ship. It was even larger than the constitution-class flagship that was currently being built in Riverside Iowa.

"It's a Vastam-class, with slight elements from a Vulcan D'Kyr science vessel."

"I recognized it, although I don't see any logic in spending so much on an expensive class of vessel that has very complicated designs and will without doubt engage in interstellar battles." Shinat was very much surprised, though he didn't show the emotion.