Part 17

The rest of the day, we spent on the festival site. We watched Ellie Goulding, Tom Odell and also John Newman. But on the other hand, I was also very happy when I was home again. I was so tired. I went on twitter and saw a lot of photos from fans that came to see us today. I retweeted a few and followed some. I was just about to go to bed, when I got a message. James. ‘I really think you should go for it. You never know. Take her out for a date or something. ;)’   ‘I’ll text her tomorrow.’  I texted him back. The moment I hit my bed, I fell asleep straight away. I texted Caitlin in the morning and we arranged to meet at 2pm at Hyde Park. I can’t wait to see her again. Maybe I should listen to James. Thank God he reacts good on it. He totally doesn’t mind I would date his best friend.

 I sat down on one of the benches there. You had an amazing view. I like it. “Well hello there.” I heard a familiar voice saying behind me. Caitlin. “Hey, you came.” “Of course I came, idiot.” she laughed. “You look good.” I smiled. And indeed, she was looking amazing. She was wearing a really beautiful dress, and some high heels.  “Thank you. You too by the way.” “So, how’s life? How is your dad?” “Still in rehab. I’ve visited him a few times already. Yesterday actually. He realises he has made a lot of mistakes. He apologized. He wants to apologize to you too for getting you a bleeding nose.” “Never mind about that. That’s fine. But.. Apologize accepted. Can you tell him that?” “I will.” she smiled.

“And what about you? You had a big day yesterday too? V Festival?” “Yeah, that was amazing.” I smiled. “I can imagine that. I’ve seen a lot of photos on facebook and twitter.” she smiled. I just nodded. I really don’t know how to tell her. “I really miss your company, you know.” I said. “I miss it too. It was really nice. Thank you again for that.” “It’s the least I could do, offer you a place to sleep.” “Thank you Tristan.” she smiled and took my hand. The feeling that went through my body. Indescribable.