Part 9

“You really didn’t have to bring me home.” I smiled when we arrived at my place. “It’s nothing. I had nothing else to do tonight so.. It’s only 9pm.” Tristan smiled. He brought me home like a real gentleman.“But it’s sweet. So, do you want to come in?” I asked, hoping I would be home alone. “Erm.. Yeah, if that’s okay for you.” “Of course idiot. Otherwise I wouldn’t ask it.” I laughed. I was indeed home alone. I bet my dad was at the pub again. “It sucks the boys had other plans tonight but yeah, family is very important.” Tristan smiled. “Yeah..” I sighed. “Ow shit. Ow sorry Caitlin. I forgot about your mum. I’m so sorry. I totally forgot about it.” “It’s okay Tristan. It’s fine. I have to move on with it.” I smiled. He sat down on the couch. I quickly checked if there were no empty bottles of beer lying here somewhere, but thank God, there weren’t.

 “You want something to drink?” I asked to break this awkward silence. “Yeah sure. Just some water please.” he smiled. “Give me a sec.” I smiled. Thank God Tristan didn’t see the kitchen. It was a mess in here. “There you go, your drink, mister Evans.” “Thank you. Beautiful necklace by the way.” he smiled. “Thanks. It actually belongs to my grandmother but she passed away 3 years ago. I found it when I was cleaning up the closets upstairs. It means something to me.” “I can believe that.” “That’s a photo of my grandparents by the way, there on the closet.” I said and pointed to the photo. “And what about your grandfather?” Tris asked. “He passed away 5 years ago. And my other grandparents, my mum’s parents, I haven’t seen them in ages. I just know they moved to Scotland.” “I’m sorry to hear that.” “Now it’s just me and my father.”

 Right when I said that, I heard the front door. Shit, he is home early. He just walked in the living room but the look on his face when he saw Tristan.. “Erm...Good evening mister Roberts. I’m Tristan by the way, a friend of Caitlin.” Tristan said. “Can I have a word with you Caitlin? Alone?” he said. The look on his face was so.. angry. He went to the kitchen. “Give me a sec Tris, I’ll be right back.” “Yeah sure.” he smiled.