Part 5

They totally rebuilt the living room, with lots of blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, and stuff. Like a real sleep over. I haven’t done that anymore in ages. James was in the mean time gone upstairs to get something for me to wear. I think James was lucky he’s home alone this weekend. “There you go. A t-shirt and a short.” he smiled and gave it to me. “Thank you.” “You can use the bathroom upstairs, you know where it is, right?” “Yeah, thanks.” I smiled. Upstairs in the bathroom, I looked at my eye. It was getting better but still, you can see that I have a black eye. The boys were in the mean time in their pyjamas too. They changed when I was upstairs. I could borrow one of James’ sleeping bags. Tristan, Bradley and I were already lying in it, Connor was to the toilet, and James was closing all the curtains. “James, turn off all the lights. Then we can scare Connor when he’s back.” “Tris, you are terrible.” “No I’m not. I just wanna have fun.” Tristan laughed. I have to say one thing, Tristan can always make me laugh. But James did what Tristan said.

 “Mate, one thing, now I have to find my sleeping bag in the dark too, you know.” James whispered. He tried to find it but... Well yeah. He pretty much bumped in against the couch. “Damn it! Ooh. Damn it, little toe. Little toe. That hurts.” James swore. Everyone burst out laughing even though we couldn’t see anything. “You idiot.” Bradley laughed. “Shit mate, where is my sleeping bag?!” James asked. “No, James, this is not your sleeping bag, these are my legs you’re touching right now.” Tristan said. “Ow, sorry Tris.” Then we heard Connor flushing the toilet. Everyone went silent immediately.

 “Guys... What the...” Connor said when he walked in. We all didn’t say anything. “Guys, this is not funny. Where is this fucking light switch?!” Connor swore. He used his phone as a flash light and turned on the light again. We all pretended we were already sleeping. But I think everyone was struggling not to laugh.

And then Brad just burst out laughing, and that made us laugh too. “You guys.. Terrible. That’s what you guys are.” “Where you scared Connor?” Tristan grinned. “No, I wasn’t.” He said and crawled in his sleeping bag. “And erm... who’s gonna turn off the light now?” James asked. No one answered. “Fine, I get it. But if I bump in against the couch again, I swear... I’m gonna get a heart attack.” James said and got up. “Use your phone as flash light.” Eventually, he didn’t bump in against it anymore. We all tried to sleep but I couldn’t sleep. It was not that comfortable and I was thinking about.. stuff. My life. One big failure. Damn it, I have to stop thinking so negative.