Part 2

I started cleaning everything up, very carefully that I didn’t cut myself on some glass. After that, I took a shower and went to bed. Even though it was only about 9pm. I didn’t care. The next day, I had to be at work at 10 o’clock. Nandos. I covered my black eye with lots of make-up so I hope no one will notice it. “Good morning Caitlin.”Matthew, my boss said. “Morning Matthew. What can I do?” “You can clean all the tables, and then make sure the fridge is totally filled and stuff.” “Sure, I will.” I smiled. About 5 minutes later, my colleague Jesse arrived. “Morning Caitlin.” he smiled. “Morning Jesse.” He’s like, except for James and his bandmates, the only other friend that I have.

“What happened to your eye?” he asked. “What? Nothing.” “Liar. Caitlin. Come on? Even with make-up on it, you can still see you’ve a black eye.” “I fell, you know I’m very clumsy.” “If you say so.” Shit, so you did still see it. Jesse didn’t say anything more about it. That was the best. Luckily, it was a very busy day at work. Because of that, I could forget my problems for a bit. Sometimes, I’m doubting to tell Jesse about it. He’s also went through a very though period. He lost his parents in an accident. He and his sister are now all alone, living with their grandparents. Maybe.. No. I’m not gonna tell anyone about it. That’s the best.

 My shift was done at 5pm. Jesse dropped me off at my house. “See you tomorrow Jesse.” “See you tomorrow.” he smiled and drove away. When I opened the door of the door, the first thing I smelt were cigarettes. Great. Just great. Now he’s smoking too. He was lying, with his feet on the table and a bottle of beer in his hands, on the couch watching some TV. “I’m going out tonight. Okay?” I asked. “Whatever.” he just answered, still looking on the screen. I went to my room and took on my favourite jeans and top.