Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

I felt my lower limbs weaken as soon as I heard the girl spill the tea.

"I guess you are Naomi?" she approached me. I couldn't answer her. I couldn't smile back.

"Hi, I'm Hanz! I hope Steven had mentioned me to you!" He kissed her cheek to cheek.

"Uhm, who are you? He only mentioned me his parents, other relatives, and his friend, Naomi."

Classe laughed. "Because you were not that very important to him, you moron." She dragged me near the nurse's station where no one can hear us. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yes, of course."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, why would you think I'm not fine?"

"Because if I were you, I would think that Steven has feelings for me, too. With that kind of treatment he's giving you, I would also misunderstand it."

I sat down. "I have no feelings for your cousin. Well, maybe, I used to. I used to like him when were kids but it all vanished when I met Cris. I think I'm just sad that he never told me about this."

He tapped my shoulder trying to comfort me. "Sorry. My cousin was too sweet to you. I think it was his fault for showing too much care for you. Don't worry, I'll tell him to stop treating you the way he used to." 

"Thank you. Starting from now on, I'll try my best to avoid him." 

"Yeah, right."

From 10 o'clock in the morning to 4 o'clock in the afternoon, we were taught some basic things we could provide to the patients. Tomorrow, we will be trained and will be guided in helping patients to reach their maximum level of mobility by providing exercises. 

"Hey," Steven's girl called me. 

"Mmm?"

"I hope we can be friends. You are so pretty!" She complimented me so I smiled back. "We're both taking the internship, it means we'll see each other more often. I'm so excited to be your friend." I was just nodding to all of her nonsense talking.

Classe elbowed me. "Stop acting like that. She might think you like Steven!" she whispered angrily.

I rolled my eyes and turned to the girl. "We're already friends. If you want to go to our place tonight, you can come."

She screeched. "Really?! I like that! I'll make sure to go to your place later." Why is she so kind? I hate it.

"Yes. But it's messy and we have no food. We haven't done our grocery yet. We were spoiled brats so we didn't know how to do those things."

"I'll help you. Do you want me to make lists for viands? I'll teach you how to cook." Oh myy---she's just too kind and humble!

"Hey, sorry for interrupting but we have to go. See you tomorrow, girl!" Hanz grabbed me out of the room. For the first time, he was useful. "Why were you looking so moody?" he asked. 

We're now walking to the parking lot. He must know I hate talkative people. "She's kind but I hate her mouth. It was like Classe's mom. They're both kind but irritating.

He laughed. "Did you hear that Classe? Naomi doesn't like your mom and your cousin's girl." 

Classe entered the car and spoke. "I wouldn't blame her. I hate chatty people, too, just like you." 

We all entered the car which Classe drove off.  We still have class from 4:30 to 5:30 in the afternoon. Our schedule is just very perfect. We're irregular and graduating. We should be only doing the internship now but we failed two subjects, the Health and Social Media and Research 6 so we're also taking them. For some universities, they don't allow to multitask the students but here, they allow it.