Chapter 19

((Listen to Skinny Love by Birdy while reading.))

*Alex's POV*

Preston had asked me for Emily's hand in marriage. I said yes. They love each other, so why not? We can have a double wedding. Everyone loved that Mitch and I were getting married. Emily screamed and told me that Mitch had asked her. Right now we're going dress shopping. I want a white mermaid dress and we have about $8,000 to spend. I know that Preston is taking Emily out after dinner tonight and ask her to marry him. I just hope that she says yes. She may not be ready after Jerome. I step into the dressing room. Slip on a dress, without looking at the mirror and walk out. Everyone gasps, I must either look extremely pretty or extremely ugly. I turn around slowly and my breath hitches. The dress itself is fitting and has sparkles on the bottom with a mermaid like feel. I love it. Everyone is just nodding their heads. The price is about 9,000, a bit more than I had hoped but still close enough for us to afford it.

We go to lunch and all chat about my upcoming wedding. Since my favorite colors are purple and blue, the Maid or Honor, Emily and Best Man, Preston will wear purple. The rest of the procession will wear blue, but Josselyn will wear a bright lavender dress and be the flower girl. Mitch says that he's going to wear a simple black tuxedo. I'll wear a simple white dress, but, I'll have a deep purple corsage.

After lunch, I drive back in my light blue VW Bug. I go to my room to find Mitch on his laptop playing Double Trouble on the Chunk server. I can also hear Rob so that means that's who he's recording with. Hmm, he hasn't seen me, maybe I can use this to my advantage. I silently creep up to him and push his gaming chair forward. He spazes out as he tries to regain balance. I sit there laughing and can hear Rob chuckling in the background. Mitch gives me a pointed look before continuing the game. After the game, they had placed 2nd and Mitch wrapped up the recording.

"That was Double Trouble, if you're new to the channel hit the subscribe button, and if you liked the commentary just obliterate that like button with your forehead!" He says before ending the recording and saying goodbye to Rob. "What was that for?"

"I felt like pranking you," I say.

"Oh," he says before walking over and kissing me. We kiss for a few minutes before it turns into a full on makeout session. After a few more minutes, we seperate and stare at each other. Mitch has his hand behind his back, I wonder why. He pulls out a slender box from behind him and opens it to reveal a pandora bracelet. There's already four charms. A heart for love, a sock monkey for my obssession with sock monkeys, a ribbon for promises, and a flower for friends. I love it!

"I'm glad," he says. Wait, did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, thank you so much!" I say before pulling him in for another kiss.

*Emily's POV*

I knew that Alex would say yes. She loved Mitch so much. They were like puppy dogs. Everyone knew how much they loved each other but them. I get home and Jason walks up to me before telling me to get dressed nice. I go upstairs before slipping on my strapless black dress. I grab my 2 inch heels and slip those on as well. The dress goes down to my mid calf. I put on light makeup and grab my favorite black sling bag. I walk downstairs and see Preston dressed in a dark suit, that, may I say looked fine on him. He looked at me and I saw his jaw drop. I can tell that I picked the right dress. He grabs my hand before leading me out to his gray impala. We drive in silence and I can feel that he's really nervous. Why? I. Have. No. Clue. He's always so comfortable around me, did I do something wrong?

We arrive at the restaurant and I see that he took me to Olive Garden. I love the breadsticks! We walk in and he says his reservation: Arsement. I giggle at the name and earn a joking shake of the head. He smiles at me before grabbing my hand and leading me to our table.

We eat dinner and I have a really good time with him. Like always. I go to the bathroom for a second. I look in the mirror and can hear Alex chastising me about leaving you date in the bathroom. I walk back out and sit down and hear a sigh of relief from Preston. We get dessert and we start eating the small cake. I pick up a spoonful and see a glimmer in it. I pick at the glimmer to reveal a ring. I look up to find Preston kneeled before me. His hand held out. I drop the ring in his hand and he polishes it before putting it into the case and smiling at me.

"Emily Raine Heart, I fell in love with you the moment I saw you about a month before Jerome started dating you. I stumbled upon your channel and fell in love with you. You over the past year have become my best friends and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you. Em, will you marry me?" he proposes (lol, literally).

"O-of course," I say before hugging him and kissing him. We stay like that for a while before heading home. Then, I fall right to sleep dreaming of becoming Mrs. Emily Raine Arsement.