A Little Piece Of Heaven In You

Lauren's PoV

I had a scarf wrapped around me securely as my cold hand held hers, treading through the light snow-covered path. She had never taken me here before but I knew it was a place where the Cabello sisters' ran to when things were rough.

The pond.

A bright clear opening with the ice pond neatly shovelled and smoothed out; the bright moon shining through a gap between clouds in the sky, glaring a soft glow at the frozen water below us.

Camila put down the large thermos of hot chocolate on the old rickety bench and leaned over to open the bag she was carrying on the walk out. She handed me two pair of skates and my eyes widened, "uh Camz? I don't skate."

Camila chuckled and grabbed her own skates before tugging me to sit down on the bench. "I won't let you fall," she softly slipped off the boots I was wearing and I helped her put on the skates, "do you want me to lace them up?" I nodded, fearing I wouldn't tie them up tight enough. She's an expert at this, she'd know. It felt good having her share two parts of her world with her; the pond and her skating.

"What made you bring me here?" I asked, my hand making its way to her hair, threading my cold digits through the silky strands. Snowflakes drifted gently around us and when she looked up at me with her gorgeous chocolate eyes, she had to blink away some the soft flakes that landed on her eyelashes. Camila was so beautiful. She was mine.

She shrugged and bit her lip, smiling shyly while her fingers finished up with my skates. I couldn't take my eyes off her as she got her own skates on, watching how her fingers worked graciously. "It's peaceful here," she looked up at the sky, her cheeks pink and rosy, "I think we deserve this peace before school begins."

I nodded and smiled softly. Camila stood up on her skates with expert balance and grabbed my hands, pulling me up with her.

Then I was pulling her down with me as we fell onto the icy path with her on top of me. The ground was cold but her body was definitely warming me up. My breath hitched as her lips brushed softly against mine. I wasn't expecting the tenderness of the kiss. I wasn't expecting to see Camila at all that evening after the day we had just been through. Yet, there I was, in the arms of my girlfriend whom I promised things would be okay, and there she was, promising me that things were good between us. "Lo," I opened my eyes to find her staring at me, her hand coming up to trace my face with her fingertips, "tell me you love me."

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly before smiling softly, my own hand reaching up to cup her cheek. "Camila Cabello, I love you." I said with everything ounce of love I could muster. I put my whole soul into those five words and from the way her eyes lit up, she felt it too.

"I love you too," Camila grinned goofily and sat back, digging her skates into the ice on the perfect angle so she could steady herself while helping me up. "Ready to skate?"

I laughed and pulled on the beanie that Camila had given me that first time we hung out alone, when the snow first started to fall. "You know, I can snowboard but I doubt I can stay on two feet with two sharp blades."

"Please," Camila rolled her eyes and handed me a pair of gloves, "you sound like Sofi," she laughed as she stepped onto the frozen pond, gliding on it with ease as she turned around, skating backwards while facing me, "snowboard my ass, you broke your arm!"

"Hey!" I stood there with my hands on my hips. "That chick came out of nowhere, I'll have you know that I'm a very excellent snowboarder."

Camila chuckled and started to skate off towards the other side of the pond before making her way back. She stopped sharply in front of me, causing snow shavings to hit me. "Are you coming?"