Not Hiding Anymore

Start from the beginning

I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Good, because you won't succeed."

"Hey, thanks for offering to drive to the city with me to pick up Lauren," Austin changed the subject. "She had no other choice to catch that flight since her other one was cancelled."

"No problem," I smiled and bounced around inside. I was finally going to see Lauren and I couldn't wait.

"Hey you two," Normani slid beside me and picked the green peppers off the side of my plate, eating them, "not interrupting your date, am I?" Her eyes danced mischievously.

Austin cleared his throat and grinned. "No Normani, Camila and I are no longer together, I told you that."

Normani's eyes looked at me and I rolled my own. "What do you want Kordei?" She knew we weren't together anymore. She knew I had a 'thing' for Lauren. She just liked causing trouble.

"Rematch," she offered. "All of us at the rink again tonight. With all the flirting I was doing with you, Cabello, I rarely concentrated on the game."

I laughed and shook my head. "Sorry, I have plans tonight. Maybe Austin can substitute for me on the girls team though?" I teased him as he punched me.

"Then we'll just have to wait until you are available," she winked and stood up. "Catch ya later."

Austin chuckled and I raised my eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Well, Normani likes you," he looked over at her just as she was glancing back at us, "want me to hook you two up?"

"No!" I gasped and grabbed my coat, slipping it on. "Austin, please don't even begin to stick your nose into this. Besides," I shrugged, "I already have someone in mind."

His green eyes grew wide. "Man, please tell me dude, please?"

Yea, the 'baby' or 'babe' he used to call me has now been replaced with 'dude'. And I was fucking happy about that.

"No," I laughed and slid out of the booth, "let it go."

"Fine," he sulked and grabbed his keys from his pockets, "we should hit the road. Don't want to leave Lauren alone."

No, we definitely wouldn't want that.

* * *

Lauren's PoV

My left arm was slung in a brace and throbbed with mild pain. I crashed into another snowboarder who didn't know what the hell she was doing. Damn newbies should not be on that big of a hill if they can't keep up with the rest of us. I left my little accident out of discussion with Camila and I knew she was going to flip when she saw me in a cast with a broken arm.

I popped my neck waiting for my luggage to present itself. I never saw Austin near the gate so I decided to check where baggage was and no one was in sight. I sighed and rocked back and forth on my heels. After grabbing the suitcase, I stood there looking around for Austin. Then my eyes gravitated towards a familiar laugh and there she was, her arm looped with his and I swallowed thickly. The image was weird but I knew they were in 'friends' territory.

"Laur!" Austin's voice caught me first and my eyes snapped to his as he approached me, taking my suitcase. "Damn, what happened?"

"Oh my god!" Camila gasped and looked over my arm, "what happened?"

I shrugged and laughed nervously. "Accident. I'm okay."

"Okay?" Camila raised an eyebrow at me. Great, I haven't even been on Ontario ground for ten minutes and I was already getting those looks from my girlfriend.