Part 19-Lena

Disclaimer: I do not own Delirium or any of the characters, the amazing Lauren Oliver does!

Lena

Raven looks like she might just understand. Tack, on the other hand, is barely even looking at Hana, his gaze is focused on me. And the only thing I see there is disappointment. A weight seems to fall on my shoulders with his heavy look. Raven and I are always at odds, fighting about something stupid usually. But Tack and I have never really fought. We seem to have some unspoken respect for each other. I have a feeling that just broke. 

I tear my thoughts away from Tack, if he is going to be mad at me, so what? There isn't anything I can do about it now. I'm fighting for Hana. But who should I be trusting? Who should I really be fighting for?  Tack or Hana? My immediate response is Hana, but something in the back of my mind whispers that that might not be true. 

"Lena?" Raven's voice pulls me from my thoughts. 

"Yes?" I inquire, trying to stand as tall as possible. I came in here feeling big, but somehow, Tack's burning gaze has made me dwindle down to the bare bones of myself and what I thought I knew. Is that even possible? For one fleeting look to cause you to rethink everything you've said to yourself? 

No, I tell myself. You are here for Hana. I believe Hana, I have to. 

"I don't know how to tell if she is lying or not, but I believe her for some reason. But we are going to have to talk to the other people in charge. It's not just us running the show here."

Her voice is smooth, controlled. The Wilds can take so much from a person. It's either hurt or be hurt. You have to rise to the challenge. But Raven seems to have mastered the art of keeping some things safe from the craziness of the Wilds. Some secrets. I can hear it in her voice. The reliability of them. They are untampered with. Completely trustworthy. 

Tack looks mad as he leans close to her and speaks to her in hurried whispers. I can tell that he doesn't really agree with this. 

I look over to Hana and see her staring straight ahead, a look of battle in her eyes. A fight. And that's when it hits me. The reason that everyone believes her. It's her eyes. 

A cureds eyes are flat. Void of any emotion. They are one colour and seem to have lost the light that once inhabited them. Hana's eyes don't. They are bright. You can see her fighting off the cure that is inside of her. She is pushing against it. Typical Hana. Always doing something different from the rest. 

I don't even know what I am about to say, but there are words on the tip of my tongue. But I guess I'll never know what I was going to say because at that moment Julian bursts through the door. 

A/N: Hey!! Have any of you read Lauren Oliver's new book, Panic? It was soooooo good!!!

Please vote, comment and follow!

And follow my instagram @bookthings