14 | domino

Chapter 14: domino
The domino affect; a cumulative effect produced when one event initiates a succession of similar events
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
15. Domino

Today just has been having a domino affect of shit happening to yours truly, Sam Clarke. First the motorcycle and the states, next the whole 'brother rising from the dead' incident, and now Sydney Pink pretending that I pushed her and bringing Blake into it.

My. Life. Sucks.

"She pushed me!" She screeched, pointing a perfectly manicured finger at me.

I scoffed. "Wow, that's how you want attention. Fine." I said under my breath.

Blake came storming up. He gave me a icy glare. I was taken aback. Was he taking her side! He helped Sydney up off the ground and put an arm around her waist. Sydney have me a sly smile and smirked while looking up at Blake.

"You need to leave." Blake commanded. He didn't even look me in the eye.

"Fine. I leave Barbie and Ken alone." I stated angrily.

I confessed to him, and this is how he treats me. To think that I could trust him. I growled and spun around flipping my hair in her face before storming down the hallway. I pushed open the doors and hobbled to my bike. Forgetting to put on my helmet I stared the cycle and revved the engine as the vehicle came to life. I roared out of the parking lot and down Iova Avenue. The school disappeared from my view as I ran away from my problems. With the wind whirling my hair around, I had time to think.

First my dad, than my brother, finally my leg.

I ran away from war, I ran away from death. And now I was running away from high school. The Military don't belong in school. They belong on the battle field, where the soldiers and myself are all on the same team. Not against each other. Blake betrayed me, my brother came home. I still have the urge to rip the head off Sydney and her new found Ken.

I too a route, towards my child hood hiding place. The road seemed to stretch on forever. My eyes welled up in tears as I stormed to the small farm my dad used to own.

The broken house was surrounded by weeds and the gravel road was not visible and more, now that the house was old and deteriorating.

I parked my bike next to the porch and wait on the stairs. I put my hands between my knees and cried.

Crying for my family and my broken life. Asking god why this happened to me, and not someone else. Why me! My phone started to ring, I took it out of my back pack and looked to see who the caller I.D was. It read 'Blake Reed'

What does that inconsiderate jerk wad want now?

I answered reluctantly. "What do you want."

"I'm sorry. Where are you?"

"None of your beeswax." I answered

"Sam, I need to know where you are." I commanded.

"Since when did you start caring. I don't even know you anymore. You ditched me in 7th grade and now your doing it again."

"I'm sor-"

Before he could finish, I hung up on him. I didn't need to hear his stupid apologies. They meant nothing now. The wind blew my hair around my face like a tornado. I pulled it into a ponytail so that my hair wouldn't obscure my view of our beautiful property. The sun was high in the sky, casting shadows in front of the house. The forest was off to the right and the used-to-be corn fields where to the left. The smells of freshly cut grass wafted from the nearby farms that still grew crops. I pulled my phone back it to see that I had 87 missing calls from Clara. And 13 from Dustin.

You could tell who cared more. I laughed to myself at Clara and on how many she left. Only her.

Out of those 87 missed calls, she left 4 voice mails.
I pressed on one from 3 minutes ago. Clara's voice crackled to life.

"Clara, your mystery boy has gone on a rampage. He is looking for you...." it gets cut off.

I press the second one. Coles voice comes on. "Sam, we need to talk, you need to come home. This is sam right?" He asks to someone in the background.

I can faintly hear Clara answering with a 'yes' and than the phone dies. My screens huts down and I go to turn it on, but the screen stays black.

I groan in frustration and chuck my phone into the grass. I desert the porch and go towards my motorcycle. I turn the keys and spin out of the driveway and onto the open road. My heart pounds as I replay the events of today again.

My mind won't stop turning as I comprehend what happened. My eyes welled with tears as I blindly turned the corner. I tried to blink away the tears, but I didn't prevail.  A tear slipped down my cheek as a reminder of the pain I've endured. It was finally cracking down on me.

The pain of loss was to much to bare.

And than I felt something cold and hard slam into my side. It propelled me into the air. And that's when the wind whipped my tears away, and I was able to see what hit me. A semi truck was rolling over crushing my bike as everything moved in slow motion. My prosthetic leg flew off in the opposite direction. My head hit the gravel in the hardiest impact I have ever felt. My body felt like it was being crushed into a tiny million pieces as my unprotected body scraped against the pointy, hard rocks. The last thing I saw was the truck bursting into flames, along with my precious bike.

And than blackness.

I heard sirens in the far off distance. The last sound I heard was of the boots of fire fighters and police officers scraping the unpaved road.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
Comment•Vote•Share