29 | shattered

Chapter 29: shattered
Shattered: verb; upset (someone) greatly.
Cover made by @averyhanson51 (thank you!)
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
29. Shattered
"I-I need to tell you something."

I headed inside, I could hear his shoes hitting the ground behind me. I got into the house as the tears started to fall down my cheeks, Blake shut the door and looked at me with a worried expression. Once he saw my tears he ran over to me and took my face in his hands and made me look into his eyes. "Sam, what's wrong?"

I couldn't answer him, we just started out and I was leaving. "I can't do this anymore."

His face hardened. "What do you mean? What can't you do anymore?"

I didn't want to leave him here promising a relationship afterwards, I couldn't. "I can't do us anymore."

He dropped his hands from my face and I took that as an opportunity to hide my face from his heated glare. Without a word he stormed out the front door and slammed it so hard that the table fell over next to me, shattering everything on it.

Those broken dishes represented my heart, shattered.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬

It's been 3 days since Blake walked out and I couldn't hold myself together anymore, he never judged me on my leg, he understood what being military was all about, he never would discriminate against me, ever.

"Honey, please come out. Your going to turn into a prune." My mom said on the other side of the door.

Ugh, fine. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself before walking out of the bathroom, missing the warmth of the hot water. My mom went downstairs to give me privacy as I changed into my normal v-neck and bellbottom jeans. I put my dog tags around my neck and I pulled my hair into an army-like bun, and headed out the door. I made my way to the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Why did you make me get dressed? There's no point."

"Your leaving in 2 weeks, you need to go back to school one day."

Those where the last words I wanted to hear coming out of her mouth, where's there's school, there's Blake. That's the last thing I want to do right now. I just wanted to leave for base camp now, and just sleep through the next 2 weeks. But no, my mom had other plans for me, I had to go to school and learn.

Why does the world hate me?

After a quick breakfast my mom dragged me to the car and shoved me in the back seat. I grumbled but I let her drive me to school, even though I had a perfectly operating motorcycle in the garage.

I waved goodbye to the disappearing man-van as I made my way inside. Heading to my locker, I saw a tall man wearing a letter-mans jacket facing in the other direction. Of course Blake just had to talk about this in public, why didn't he talk to me when I gave him the whole weekend as an opportunity?

I tapped Blake's shoulder so he would turn around and face me like a man. Instead of seeing his bright green eyes, I was met with pale blue ones and a broad smile on his face. "Hi Dylan, what are you going here?"

He wouldn't move as I tried to pry my locker open with him leaning on it. "I came to say goodbye."

I dropped my back-pack as I heard those words fly outta his mouth. How did he know? Who told him?
I spun on my heel and tried to find the culprit who told him. A hand flew to my shoulder and he turned me around before I could punch whoever told him. "Cole told me." He stated.

Of course that little douche just went and told him. He's so getting it later. "Ugh, does anyone else know?" He itched the back of his head and gave me a nervous laugh. "What did you do."

He laughed, turned and sprinted down the hallway. I knew something was going to happen but couldn't put my finger on it, I don't like this feeling.

I walked into my math class and sat in my seat in the back, Blake's seat was empty when the final bell rang. I hibernated in my book until I heard someone slam their hand on a desk, I homered my head up to see that the teacher was giving me a stare as she pointed at something. I looked to where her finger was and saw that someone had written, in sharpie, 'SAM CLARKE IS AMAZEBALLS! SHES GOING ON TOUR IN 2 WEEKS!'

I slapped my forehead and groaned, only Dylan would do that, only he would sneak into the school, mistake a sharpie for a white erase board marker and draw on the whiteboard of my first class.

"Care to explain?" The teacher demanded.

"I don't know, because I didn't do that."

"Detention."

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬

I walked into room 322 for detention. I handed the teacher that resembled a bowling ball my white slip as I sat in a random desk and started the countdown till I could leave.

A few stragglers came in, most had pink or blue hair and a nose piercing as they sat down the farthest from me, I ignored them and started to read 'All The Light We Cannot See'. Just as I was starting to get into the book someone sat in the desk next to me, I knew who it was right away and avoided looking at him as I hid in my book.

"We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk."

"Why won't you look at me?"

"Because you walked out on me Blake! We could have talked than, in private. But no! You had to go and run out and run away from your problems!" I yelled now looking up at the boy sitting next to me.

He looked like shit. And that was the nicest way to describe it, his hair was every where, like he'd been running his hands through it all night. His eyes weren't as bright as they usually where, they where dull and had lost the life in them. His cloths where the same as 3 days ago and where wrinkly and haven't been washed. He had a slight scruff on his face, from not shaving for a while.

I should have felt bad, but I didn't.

"Than let's talk in private." He muttered.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: Hold. The. Phone. We reached 10,500 reads and #277 in Teen Fiction! Wholey guacamole! I love you guys! 😘
🤔Question: favorite book?--->
Comment•Vote•Share