2. she cried over bananas and said it was fine

CHAPTER TWO
she cried over bananas and said it as fine

CHAPTER TWOshe cried over bananas and said it as fine

"Welcome to Orlando."

As I rose from a heavy slumber, I am first aware of the coolness of the air and it's loamy fragrance. I could smell the orangey-smell of the car freshener fill my nose. We were on a highway that lead into the city of Orlando. Ol' Town Bound.

I remember coming here in the summer when I was a kid, always going to Disney World or Universal Studios. Universal was my favorite. Mainly because I could literally go into the world of Harry Potter. I tried butter beer (a very famous beverage in Hogsmeade), got my very own wand and cloak. I spent my time there with two of the most important people in my life.

But they aren't here anymore.

It's been twenty three days and I'm finally out of the suffocating cast that's been wrapped around my leg for about two months or more. I could finally walk around without crutches by my side all the time. I felt free and it felt good.

We had just graduated high school two days ago. Running away wasn't new to me. I did it every now and then but only to sneak away to parties or to just get away for one night. The new thing was that we're running away for as long as we want.

Money wasn't a problem, especially when you've got a CEO for an uncle. Uncle Alden was his name. I always called him Al or Den-Den because I couldn't pronounce the rest of his name when I was small and I guess it just stuck to me. He started running his own business before I was even born. He ran it with my dad. The company raised millions of money. Alden told me one day, if I wanted to, he'd let me take over and run the company if I'm ready. He taught me some business things but I don't think I could ever run that company. No thanks.

He's a good uncle. Hell, he's great. He spoiled me a lot, but he's never been married or ever had a child. I guess he considered me as his own. Especially now. I remembered our conversation from two nights ago.

I was packed. I had everything I needed that would last me several months. Clothes and essentials were separated into a suitcase and a duffle bag. I had some cash to last us. I had a backpack on me to carry my essentials.

It was probably two in the morning. Maybe even later than that, but I didn't bother to check. Outside, in my driveway, Jackson was waiting in the dark green Volkswagen Derby. It was an old car that his brother gave him, but it still ran perfectly.

I made my way downstairs, slowly, carefully and cautiously, making sure I didn't make a sound. But something would slightly jingle in my bags every five seconds and all I hoped was for Uncle Alden not to notice.

In the living room, the TV was on and I could see the silhouette of the brown, leather seat move slightly. Uncle Alden must have stayed up all night watching his favorite sport: baseball. It was dark and each step I took made a bead of sweat roll down from my forehead.