[thirty-four]

Pink. Orange. Purple. Indigo. Those are the hues of colors that can be seen in the vast sky. Those mixtures of colors that made everything above looked fascinating. It was beautiful. No, it was breathtaking. Too good to witness with their own eyes.

Jimin and Jungkook were sitting on the rooftop, watching the sun as it slowly sets into the horizon. Witnessing as how the darkness of twilight devour every light. How sad that every beautiful thing has its ending. Why does everything have to end?

Jungkook told the doctors to remove all the machines that was connected to his body and right now, they were sitting side by side on the bench where they last went.

No words came out of their mouths, no words that broke the silence. They just stared at the distance and let the warm air flew their thoughts away. They brushed all their negatives thoughts and just enjoyed the moment, watching the sunset together. They could even hear the sound of their own breathing. It was heavy, but it felt nice.

They don’t know why they lost their voices after going on the rooftop. They prepared all the things they wanted to say to each other but as they reached the rooftop and watched the view, the thousand words inside their heads are erased, gone, vanished. It was like the breathtaking view of the sunset has a magical feeling that ease the pain away, it removes them.

Between the silence, Jungkook turned his head towards Jimin, who was silently staring at every single thing he could see above, there was even a hint of tears in his eyes.

A smile was formed into Jungkook’s face as he stared into Jimin’s features. He was so beautiful, more beautiful than any sunset they could see. The light from the sun even made Jimin looked more beautiful, he shined. But, his eyes says the opposite. It was sparkling and screaming with sadness. Jungkook reached for Jimin’s small hand on his thigh and rubbed his thumb against it. Jimin turned his face towards Jungkook when he felt his hands over him.

They both stayed in that position, staring into each other’s orbs without any words said. Their eyes already explained all the things that they wanted to say. Their eyes explained to each other how they really felt.

“It’s beautiful.” Jungkook uttered as he stared deeply into Jimin’s eyes.

“O-oh. Right. The sunset was so beautiful—” Jimin said stuttering as he blinked and looked at the sunset above as it shines even more brighter but he was cut off by Jungkook.

“It was meant for you, Jimin.” Jungkook said that made Jimin froze from speaking and slowly looked at him, staring into Jungkook’s eyes. He smiled and hold Jungkook’s hand tight, giving him his warmth, his emotions.

“No sunset can replace how beautiful you really are. You shine much brighter than any light. I love you for that.” Jungkook continued together with the sweet smile that formed on his lips.

“J-Jungkook.” Jimin uttered, he lost the words to say, he was speechless. He just looked at Jungkook as his heartbeat starting to speed up.

“You gave light into my life, you’re the reason why I’m living.” Jungkook continued that made Jimin’s eyes started watering up.

Jungkook sighed with a smile and looked away, staring at the sunset. “I still remember the first time we met,” He started talking while Jimin was just staring at him. “You were so clumsy that time that you even bumped into a table that caused a commotion.” He chuckled softly, remembering all the things that happened to them before. Jimin smiled together with the tears on his eyes. He also remembered that embarrassing moment in his life.

“I don’t know why but after seeing you in that crowd, something inside me lighted up. Something warm, something powerful. It just sparked after I saw your scared face on that commotion you made.”

Jungkook paused and breathed as Jimin was just listening carefully to every word that came out of Jungkook’s mouth. Hearing his voice, feeling his presence beside him was enough for him to feel comfortable. Contented.

“That is why, I decided to go near at you and grabbed your hand, dragging you away from that crowd. Your hand was trembling that time, it was cold.” Jungkook smiled as he remembered the ice cold feeling of Jimin’s hand that time.

“On that time, I already knew that I have a cancer, and it’s a serious one.” Jungkook said and looked at Jimin with a smile. That tear that was forming on Jimin’s eyes suddenly fell after hearing those things.

“But, after seeing and knowing you, I felt the strength to fight. The strength to live. I wanted to live longer so that I can be with you.” Jungkook’s eyes started tearing up while his smile was still there.

“Call me selfish but I wanted to live longer because I was starting to love you. Your innocence, your features, your reactions and emotions... Your whole. I love everything about you, Jimin.” Jimin sobbed and started crying softly, it felt so painful.

“I wanted to live longer but my body won’t let me. I became weaker and weaker as the days goes by. But, seeing your face gave me strength, it gives me a reason to fight.” Tears started falling from Jungkook’s eyes and Jimin’s sobs also went louder. He can’t stopped the emotion he felt inside his chest, it was a bomb that exploded after all the painful words he heard.

It became silent after that, only the sound of their sobs are the only thing that they could hear. Jungkook lifted his hand and placed it over Jimin’s shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug. He let Jimin cried on his chest as Jungkook cried silently while rubbing Jimin’s back, comforting him.

“Hush, Jimin. It hurts me to see you crying.” He whispered.

They stayed in that position for a few minutes until Jimin stopped crying. Jimin pulled out from the hug and looked at Jungkook’s eyes. “I love you.” He whispered and Jungkook moved his face closer to Jimin.

Inches, centimeters, as their face goes closer and closer, Jimin closed his eyes and waited for Jungkook’s lips met his.

They kissed, under that sunset. They kissed a lot before but this time it was more deeper. It has longing, sadness, happiness, all the emotions inside their chest was on that kiss. It was not an intimate kiss that their lips moved around, circling every angle of their mouth, but it was just a simple kiss. A kiss without their lips moving. And between their kiss, their tears fell and met at each other’s cheeks.

It lasted for more than a minute until Jungkook decided to move and break the kiss. He opened his eyes and looked at Jimin. He smiled as he saw that Jimin was still not opening his eyes while his tears was still on his cheeks. Jungkook reached for Jimin’s tears and brushed them with his thumb. He pulled Jimin closer until their forehead met. Closing their eyes, they stayed in that position, just feeling each other’s presense and hearing their synchronized hearts.

“I love you so much, Jimin.” Jungkook whipered.

Jimin opened his eyes and stared at Jungkook. His black orbs, his perfectly carved and proud nose, his thin, soft lips, his pale complexion, he stared at them, memorizing all his features. Slowly, Jimin wrapped his hands over Jungkook and pulled him into himself, he let Jungkook rest his head on his shoulders.

“I love you even more, Jungkook.” Jimin whispered.

Jungkook smiled at what Jimin did and rested his face on Jimin’s shoulders and closed his eyes.

Jimin run his fingers to Jungkook’s hair as he continued on whispering ‘I love you’s at him. Tears started falling into Jimin’s eyes again but he did not sobbed. He did not make any sound as he cried since he don’t want Jungkook to worry. He just hugged him while crying, silently.

“Goodnight, babe.” Jungkook whispered and closed his eyes and let himself fell into the darkness. And as the sun sets, Jungkook slept, but this time, he never woke up.

~