We're Barely Past The Starting Line

Start from the beginning

"Austin," Aunt Greta smiled, breaking the awkward silence, "your father and I have to be in Toronto next weekend. Can we trust you and Lauren to be on your best behaviours?"

Austin smirked. "No wild parties; got it." He nudged Camila and winked.

Camila smiled and got up from her chair, excusing herself while clearing off her plate and glass, leaving the room.

"You two are the cutest," Uncle Vic grinned at their son. I rolled my eyes and threw my napkin beside my plate, taking a sip of water. "I think in the next few years we should expect our first grandchild."

I spit out my water and dabbed my mouth with the tossed napkin. I was faced with three pairs of eyes looking at me. "Oh come on," I exasperated, "Austin and Camila are seventeen, they have a whole life ahead of them to be thinking about children!"

"Either way," Aunt Greta cut a piece of chicken on her plate and looked lovingly at Austin, "you two are going to last."

Austin seemed satisfied in his mother's confidence and chuckled. "I hope so."

It was making me sick. I felt everything that I ate, start to come back up. I shoved my chair back forcefully, hearing it crashing behind me as I rushed to the bathroom. Just the thought of Camila and Austin together forever was enough to make me gag. I bent over the bowl and tried to regain my breath. I had no clue why I felt so sick.

Camila tried her best to grab my attention since the morning before and I held her at arms length. I fucked us over by digging our hole so much deeper than it already was. I made a weak call and 'slept' with her.

But it felt so fucking good. She may have never been with a woman before but damn she knew how to please one. Okay, well she knew how to please me.

A soft knock at the door shook me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Camila standing there with a cold glass of water. "Are you okay?" She whispered, chewing on her bottom lip. She did that a lot.

My hair fell in my eyes as I nodded, slowly standing. I took the water with my shaky hands and sighed, taking a sip. "Just not feeling too good," I whispered back, handing her the glass back.

"Anything I can do?" God she looked so adorable.

I quickly shook my head and opened the door wider. "Nah, I'm just going to lie down."

"Oh, okay." She stepped aside and I stopped and gave her a small smile.

"Thanks for the water," I kissed her cheek and ran upstairs. I heard her sigh heavily and make her way back into the dining room.

I hated this! My heart clenched. I felt like I was losing her even though I was the one pushing her away. What would happen of Aunt Greta and Uncle Vic found out what Camila and I were doing? They adored Camila, hell they already considered her a daughter-in-law and the bearer of their grandchildren. It would squish them if they ever found out.

Not to mention the fact that I already failed Grade 12 last year. Yea, I failed to mention that as well, didn't I? If I returned home without a diploma, my parents would be pissed and most likely disown me. No word of a lie. It's not like they cared about me, no, what they cared about was their social status and if their only child failed her senior year again, it'd look bad on them.

So I knew deep down that there was no chance in hell I could walk up to Austin and say 'Hey dude, cuz, I'm so scoring with your girlfriend and I have been making out with her, dance-fucking her, feeling her up all behind your back. We're cool though right? No hard feelings? Oh, and don't tell our parents'.

Sure, that'd go well.

Once they found out, my ass would be back in B.C., and not only will I be another senior failure, I was sure I'd disgrace the whole family with my actions. Disowned by all.