Who Will You Choose?

"Something doesn't feel right, Stacy." You told your friend as you stood in front of the big mirror.

You see, today was your wedding day but during these past few months you met a man that changed your definition of a 'Real' man. This new man made you feel things that you've never felt before, he made you feel loved, like he understood everything you've been through and how difficult it is to love someone. The problem is, this new man isn't the one your about to walk down the isle to.

"What do you mean, (Y/N)? You've loved this man since day one!" She said as she fixed the loose hairs poking out of your braided hair.

"I met someone else and I feel like I'm making a bad decision." You sadly stated, looking down at the ground in shame.

"(Y/N) I know this isn't my choice, but you need to do whatever feels right in your heart." She whispered, hearing those words made you know what you needed to do.

"I choose Marshall." You whispered with a smile forming on your red lip stick painted lips, "I choose Marshall." You exclaimed again as you turned around and gave your friend a big hug. 

She never said a word as you ran out the church doors with your white wedding gown flowing behind you. As you ran to your car you couldn't help but to laugh happily.

The words Marshall had said to you yesterday still weighted heavily on your mind: "You can't be with a man like me. You deserve a real man not some rich, sad, celebrity."

You stepped on the gas pedal and raced to Marshall's house. The whole drive there your thoughts were racing with questions; What if Marshall refuses to be with you?, What if Marshall doesn't really love you like he said he did?

After minutes of thinking of the worst, Marshall's gate appeared in front of your car. You took a deep breath and typed in the password on the keypad. The gate opened and you pressed on the gas slowly so you wouldn't run into his grass. With shaky hands you reached for the car key and turned the car off. Once you got out of the car you walked to his door. You knocked three times but never got an answer.

"Coming!" You heard a man answer, which you identified as Marshall.

You got more and more worried by the second. You heard the doorknob unlock and twisting. Soon after that the door revealed a surprised Marshall.

"Hi." You chuckled nervously, seeing Marshall look you up and down.

He raised his eyebrow in confusion, "Hey?" You could tell he wanted to smile but was holding back, "Thought today was your wedding day."

You sighed and looked down with a small smile, "It was, but something was holding me back."

"Really, what was it?" He asked, knowing damn well what was holding you back.

"Oh, just this guy named Marshall Mathers. You ever heard of em?" You laughed, seeing a small smile forming on Marshall's face as you spoke.

"Yeah I've heard of the guy before-" He started "What made you want to be with him?" He finished looking down to the ground.

"Well if you would like to know; over these past few months, I never really knew what a real man was until I met him. It's sad really, he thinks he's not good enough when in fact he's one of the best men in the world. He's not the best because he has money, he's the best because he knows how much work he had to do to get all the money. He's  been through so much and it's all helped him get to where he is now. You know, I don't think he understands how great and caring he is, all that and more is why I chose him." You said truthfully, watching him carefully as he received all the information.

"You're so sweet." He said as he picked his head up and looked at you.

He slowly brought his lips to yours and kissed you gently. It was at this moment you knew you had made the right choice. If you had walked down the isle today, you would have lost Marshall forever. There is no way you could ever fathom living without him, and you hope to spend your whole life with him by your side.