Chapter Ten: Come With Me

I could no longer feel my blood flow through my body. My muscles weakened, causing me to fall on the floor, producing a loud thump against the ground. My eyes still took focus on her, which now I call Abby.

I'm in loss of words. My mind keep repeating the good memories I had with Abby. Tears started to stream down my face as I felt my stomach twist. Oh, Margaret. I thought. How dumb can you be? How could you not realize it was your dead twin sister, trying to reach out to you?

"It's okay, Margie," she smiled. "I'm not alone anymore. I've got Sadie." she said, bringing up the brown teddy bear she held in her hand. I reached out to touch it, but quickly withdrew my hand as something hit me.

"If you're dead, then why aren't you with mom and dad?" I asked.

Her smile that stayed in her face few minutes ago, vanished almost immediately along with the warm atmosphere that surrounded us. The temperature quickly dropped, leaving goose bumps all over my skin.

Her smile reappeared on her face. However, it wasn't the warm smile that I saw before. It's more like a sinister, evil smile that was ready to spit out any bad news.

"They're not dead, Margie."

I froze on her response. She continued.

"I took their souls."

My eyes widened at her response. I stood there like an idiot, waiting for her to explain. Instead, she just let small, dry chuckles escape her mouth.

      "I did this for you."

      "Why?"

      "To reach out to you." she answered simply.

      I shook my head in response, trying to shake my body awake, in case this was just a bad dream. A really, really bad dream. Perhaps... But it wasn't.

      "W-w-what do you want?"

      "I told you, Margie. I want nothing but you."

      "What do want to do with me?!" I yelled, letting a huge amount of tears escape my eyes. In reflex, I brought my pocket knife up to her face, completely forgot that she's my twin sister.

      She moved closer, and the next thing I know was my pocket knife was no longer in my hand. She had threw it away. I backed away, fearing that she would do anything to harm me.

      "Come with me, Margie. Let's go on an adventure and never go back. We can explore the places we wanted to go. Remember?"

      My eyes widened at her response. "No!" I shouted, backing away even further from her. "Get the hell out of here!"

      For a second, I noticed a flash of hurt in her eyes, but they disappeared as soon as she blinked. "Don't worry," she said reassuringly, taking a hand out for me. "It'll be fun, I promise!"

      Before I could react, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to her. I tried to shake her off of me, only to earn an even tighter grip. As I struggled to peel her fingers off of my wrist desperately, I managed to call my Kelsey's name, causing Abby to laugh sinisterly and shook her head at me.

      "She's not going to be here." she said.

      It wasn't until something hit me hard inside of me. My heart dropped into my stomach as the images of the four people being hung upside down with blood dripping off their mouth flashed in my mind. I quickly turned to Abby.

      "Where are the others?!"

      Instead of getting an answer, I got her sinister laugh, indicating that she was the one who had them.

      "You little-" I cut myself off, trying my best not to swear, even in this circumstances. "LET THEM GO! LET THEM GO!" I yelled as I was shaking her off.

      But my attempts were completely useless. She stared right into my eyes. "If only you would cooperate." she answered.